Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

problems getting up...get your mind out of the gutter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hexen

City: Springfield, VA

PostPosted: May 12, 2003 3:36 pm    Post subject: problems getting up...get your mind out of the gutter Reply with quote

I dont know how these pros do it. It's my second season wakeboarding, so i cant say im good or anything, but how do they do it. They get sooooo friggin high Shocked , i've read all the articles and instructionals on how to get pop, but not alot of it is actually connecting. In a recent WBM, they had this cut out page of all the different types of edges.....woah, it throws me into another loop. I thought the way to get big air is to use a progressive egde, loading up the line, extending off the lip of the wake...i dont know.

Maybe some of you more experienced riders can give some tips to give the newbs like me some good instruction or some sort of help to get us up there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: May 12, 2003 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i know one big tip that helped me, they told me this at TWC, make sure you stand tall when you jump the wake, so basically, when your going off the wake, you should be as tall as ya can be, and that helped me
pooser
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: May 12, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes your right its a combination of progressive edge and standing tall at the wake. at the top of the wake you should have your legs straight and knees locke d so your knees wont absorb some of the pop. it also depends how hard of an edge you take. the hardest part of the edge should be at the top but some people have a harder edge than others at this poin thus putting more load on the line giving more pop.
Nathan Newman
Addict
Addict

City: Baylor

PostPosted: May 13, 2003 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

use a progressive edge for almost every trick out there. there are only a handful of tricks that use a different cut. the most obvious of these being the Raley and Tantrum

An eye for an eye will make the world blind.
-Gandhi

It is better to die standing than to live on your knees.
-Che Guevera
M-Dolla

City: Minnesota

PostPosted: May 19, 2003 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With your edge, start mellow and then keep getting harder and more progressive and remember to keep the board nose up on airs.
What kind of edge do you use for a raley, thats a trick that I'm planning on trying to get down this summer?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: