Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

New to Boards - My 23' Maxum Poseurcraft

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhawn
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Richmond, V to the Izzay

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: New to Boards - My 23' Maxum Poseurcraft Reply with quote

23 foot tug boat, 250HP 5.7L Mercury I/O. I added the Big AirTower, a SS prop, and Lenco Trim Tabs. I've also added 1300lbs of sacs, none of which you can see or take cabin room.

Finally got the wake decent enough, for my skill set at least. Wake is much wider that a normal boat, which has made w2w a just lately accomplishment.

Future plans are Merc Hig 5 prop for the grip, sound system.

Super Single Waterbed that fits in the massive ski locker. 600lbs.

2 350lb sacks in the nose, under the seats.

The wake results. Slighty washed out Starboard side, rider pulling out.

Chuter

City: London

PostPosted: Jul 04, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering how you find the boat you have for getting on a plane. I have the same boat, minus the trim tabs, hydrofoil, and SS prop, and find it to be a bit of a pig out of the hole. Also it has a hard time holding on plane at lower speeds(21mph and less, 3100rpm) and in corners. My wake is big without ballast, but tends to be a bit washy on the port side. The prop is factory spec for that boat, it will rev out at around 4700rpm. Any suggestions from what you have learned with your project?
Rhawn
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jul 05, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pitch of the prop and the hydrofoil will be your solution. The factory prop is a 19 pitch, I believe. I went down to 17 and changed to Stainless. The stainless has alot more grip than the aluminum due to flex. Im betting your prop is losing grip due to the pitch and material. I didn't know at the time, but the five blade Mercury High Five is the real deal for pulling. Lots more grip and holeshot than a 3 blade. I haven't had the flow to try one out yet. The Hydrofoil makes a huge difference planing, and its around $50.

I can keep it on plane even at 15 mph, pulling my 10 year old. With the ballast full.

The trim tabs are for just travelling with alot of people, I dont use them for pulling. As I'm sure you know, the boat is real sensitive to weight distribution.

More than likely the port wash out is from a lean in the boat. I added 100ish pounds of solid weight in mine to balance out the dual batteries mounted on one side.

Natman
Addict
Addict

City: Eddy TOWN

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try putting some more wegith in the stern
Chuter

City: London

PostPosted: Jul 08, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put a 17" pitch high five on today, what a diffrence! Had a 19" aluminum on, revved out at 4600, top speed of 42mph, pig out of the hole, hard to hold 21mph plane, and terrible in the corners (falls off plane). With the 17" high five, screams at 4800-4900 rpm, 40mph, but jumps out of the hole, and very responsive. Holds the low speed excellent, but still only stays on plane at speeds above 20 mph, but no troubles in the corners. Idealy a 19" high five would probably be safer for the motor, but the 17" was free, so I'l make it work for now, just take it easy on the trigger.
Natman, I am going to run some weight in the bow, probably around 100L (roughly 220lbs), but I am going to take your advice Rhawn, and get a hydrofoil stabalizer.
Rhawn
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jul 09, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free! Bastard! I need one badly. I did finish my sound system, not worthy of pics.

Sony deck - mp3/cd/front aux 52x4
4 Kicker 6.5s
Subwoofer box / Punch 100

Sounds kick ass, only in the boat for now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Share Your Boat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: