Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Yamaha AR210 any good?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wakeboarder324
Criminal
Criminal

City: scottsdale

PostPosted: Jun 13, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Yamaha AR210 any good? Reply with quote

I'm thinking about getting one of those boats. The MSRP on it is about $30,400. I would love to have a MC, Tige, Moomba, and Malibu, but I can't afford that. Does anyone have the AR210 that could tell me if it is a good wakeboarding boat. We all know Yamaha isn't the best wakebaording boat out there, but would it be good to buy? Confused

Last edited by wakeboarder324 on Jun 13, 2006 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Erik
Old School Freak
Old School Freak

City: Boston MA, Wolfeboro NH, DelRay FL, Montego Bay, Jamaica

PostPosted: Jun 13, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. It would not be. The jet boats are notoriously bad in terms of bulgy wake characteristics. You are infinitely better off buying used. I got my 2001 SAN for under 30k. It had 42 hours on it. You should go this route. You can afford MC..Tige...Malibu... but you need to look at the preowned ones. 3-4 years old. Some winners to be had in that category.
King of the Tigers
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Mesa, Az

PostPosted: Jun 13, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't buy it!!!!! For that much cash you should definitely go the used route. Don't get talked into the hype that the AR210 is a "wake" boat. It will never throw a decent wake despite what the dealer might say. For $8,000 you could be in a great 80's Ski Nautique, which will throw a better wake unweighted than the AR will with 4000 lbs of ballast.

Erik, is right about finding a good used boat for under 30k. Especially since you're in Az it shouldn't be too hard. If you're 14 and it's your pops that's buying the boat then you have to convince him that the AR just won't do once you learn how to cross the wake and want to start learning real tricks. Good luck!
wakeboarder324
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jun 13, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, see thats what I thought. All day I've been on boattrader.com looking for some boats. I just can't find any, and when I do, I call and tell me its all ready sold
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Roseville

PostPosted: Jun 13, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wakeboarder324, well considering this is the absolute WORST time of year to buy, that is not surprising.

RIP MHL 04/25/1958 - 01/11/2006
wakeboarder324
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jun 13, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why is it the worst, cause its summer time? wouldn't now be the best time when people want to sell their boats and get new ones for the summer?
King of the Tigers
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Mesa, Az

PostPosted: Jun 14, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, because it is summer time. Sure there are some people selling their boats to get into new ones but there are also tons of people only now thinking about how great it would be to have a boat. Since any boat will do for lots of people you are competing with all those people.

Your best bet is to check boattrader 3x a day for new ads and jump at it. The problem is that you should have a shop check out the boat for you first and that will be next to impossible right now. (The wait at most places is until August.)

I know it's lousy but I'd wait until September/October or past then if you really want the best deals. See if you can't get pulls froms friends until then and try to keep your pops stoked on the idea during the winter. You will save a lot of money and be spared a lot of hassle.
Sinkoumn
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Side Lake, MN - Long Beach, CA

PostPosted: Jun 17, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DO NOT BUY A JETBOAT FOR WAKEBOARDING. Especially with that kind of cash. I have rode behind a jetboat about 3 times (I got some pulls from these people that we met on the lake), they are the most incosistant washed out wake pieces of shiz this side of the pacific.

For that price, buy a used Nauty, Centurion, or Supra

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: