Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

A10 attack vest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smwilliam2
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jun 12, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: A10 attack vest Reply with quote

i just got one didnt realize how thin they were... any experience with these vest anyone. give me some feedback... it doesnt seem like it woudl float you at all really
Tyler Sitzes
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jun 12, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an older A 10 but basiclly the same thing, hopefully you read that it was not coast gaurd approved, I have worn mine for alittle over a month now and am fine with it but it struggles to keep me above water sometimes.
Erik
Old School Freak
Old School Freak

City: Boston MA, Wolfeboro NH, DelRay FL, Montego Bay, Jamaica

PostPosted: Jun 12, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say - I've had mine for about 6 months now... and I am not very impressed with its ability to keep my body above water. On the flip side t is super comfortable.
wakejumper17
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jun 12, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got one and i can tell that it keeps me up a bit. of course its way to big for me...
Jifffy

City: Seattle

PostPosted: Jun 12, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no probs with mine, you do sit a little lower in the water, I weigh about 170. No regrets buying it
westcoast_canadian
Criminal
Criminal

City: Penticton

PostPosted: Jun 12, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont mean to hijack this thread but my new topic posting wont work so I'm just wondering should I get a Baller vest or a the Oneill Guru. Any reviews on the two? Do they float much??
King of the Tigers
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Mesa, Az

PostPosted: Jun 12, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the A-10 was fine until I took a hard fall. It just does not pop you back up at all. I'm not going to ride with a vest that makes me scared to try new tricks. It also really stank to get my foot back in the binding while sitting in the water. I would have to take a breath then I would go under, due to the lousy flotation, and struggle to pull the bidning back on, come up for another breath, etc.

I sold mine and got an O'Brien Hinge USCG vest on eBay. The guys at O'Brien did an awesome job with this one because I lost almost no mobility switching from the A-10 to it and it has great flotation

Just be careful out there with that A-10.

Last edited by King of the Tigers on Jun 12, 2006 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
wakeboardnut
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Toronto

PostPosted: Jun 12, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

westcoast_canadian wrote:
I dont mean to hijack this thread but my new topic posting wont work so I'm just wondering should I get a Baller vest or a the Oneill Guru. Any reviews on the two? Do they float much??

I wear the Stance which is similar to the A-10 and love it, doesnt float me that well, but still nice chest/rib protection...

As for asking do they float much, non coast guard approved vests are not approved for a good reason. They dont float well and they dont have more than one buckle, wear i think the o'neil one doesnt even have any buckles.

WattsBarRiDr
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: knoxville

PostPosted: Jun 12, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love mine.. i ve had it about 2 years now , but its light comfortable and i like to be able to go under the water sometimes to cool off but it works fine with floating.
xSugaxKanex
Criminal
Criminal

City: ft walton beach

PostPosted: Jun 13, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my a-10 doesnt float me good if im laying on my back with the board, if u sink the board and stand on it u float way better and dont look like a loser laying on ur back, plus it helps ur balance, a-10 is a good vest
DK Drop
Criminal
Criminal

City: Saskatchewan

PostPosted: Jun 13, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought the JP Baller, sounds like it floats a bit better than the A-10
Blake
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Seattle

PostPosted: Jun 13, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WattsBarRiDr wrote:
i like to be able to go under the water sometimes to cool off but it works fine with floating.

Hmm... What about when you fall? Isnt that a good enough cool off period? Let me guess, you dont fall either?

I am still wearing the Nevin Josh Sanders Vest from last year. I enjoy the ability to be able to move around, and still get some nice flotation once I eat it on a trick. I would say that it floats me fine... But you have to remember, that you have to know how to position your body in the water to get good float from them.

But like someone mentioned, I had the White A10 vest and sold it because it simply didnt float me back to the top of the water on a fall. It is strange to explaine: It felt like I was at nutural bouyancy with the water i guess. Really hard to explaine though.

BoarderX
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: San Antonio

PostPosted: Jun 13, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea my A10 definately takes a sec to get me back to the surface.. but i guess thats the price willing to pay for a light comfortable vest that doesnt get in your way. Somehow I took a nasty fall last season and the buckle hurt the hell outa my rib cage. Hurt for for the whole off season so it probably cracked something but I guess that would have happened in just about any vest. All in all I think its a great vest..
smwilliam2
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jun 13, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeha i knew it was not approved.. i had a rip curl stealth and loved it but.. it didnt fit any longer.
Commodore
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jun 13, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a JP Falcon, similar to the A-10, but I think it has more buoyancy. I am very pleased with it.
holdsworth
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: Knoxville

PostPosted: Jun 13, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love my A-10...it's very light and comfortable. i don't really care that it doesn't float me that well because when i fall, i put the board underneath me no matter what. i can't stand "sitting" in the water, so it doesn't matter to me.
cera

PostPosted: Jun 13, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love my a10 no probs with it at all. comfortable, light, and it looks sick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: