Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Help with boat buying decision!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bryce_04
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Southern Utah

PostPosted: Jan 19, 2003 7:43 pm    Post subject: Help with boat buying decision! Reply with quote

We're looking into a boat for next season. We have been looking at the ski nautique 2001's and 1993-1996 sport nautiques. If we go with the ski 2001 will we get as good of wake performance as the sport? If we go with the sport will it be worth an extra $12,000? Should we get a ski and pimp it out with the extra dough?
Jeff
Addict
Addict

City: Long Island

PostPosted: Jan 19, 2003 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its all up to your preference, ride both, what ever you liek better go with that, and if u get teh 2001 pimp away
fs04laoaksfny
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Southbridge

PostPosted: Jan 19, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sports are really nice my dads friend has one witha fat sac and a extended pylon....like he said test them
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lugie_OHIO

City: Columbus OH, Boston MA

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of these boats weighted properly produce very rideable wakes(I've had experience behind both). What you should be asking is"How many people/ what sort of people will be coming along with me" I personally would buy the 2001's if it was basically me and 2 buddies all the time(put in a sweet stereo and tower, and still save lots of dough). on the other hand if I had a family and planned on going out on the lake on crowded weekends and hanging out then I'd go for the sport. Storage is a much larger issue with a 2001. good luck and let me know how things turn out.
Gbgonzal138
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a ski and put about 4 fat sacs in it and it threw quite a big wake not a professional sized one but almost as good so if you go with the ski you need fats or it will be flat!
Maestro
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: Markham

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do either of the boats have wake accessories? I've never ridden behind the 2001 hull, but have only heard positive things about it. The Sport hull definitely can throw a nice wake when weighted properly. If I had the money I'd probably go with the Sport if you can get it with EFI... the Sport is nice because of the open bow and greater seating capacity... but if you're strapped for cash or really want to pimp out your boat I'd say go for the 2001... either way though you can't really go wrong.
r3612
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Chicago IL

PostPosted: Jan 24, 2003 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with lugie you should save the cash and pimp it out. Both boats produce killer wakes. The 2001 seems to pop you more up though IMO. Just sold the 2001 I used to have. It's all going to depend on what you're using it for. If you plan on taking some buddies and hanging out and doin some boarding it gets really tight really quick in the 2001 with gear and peops. The extra space in the sport is much appreciated. Although if you live on a lake and just go out for a session and chill at the dock or house than the 2001 will serve you just fine. If scenario 2 is you than definately save the cash and pimp that ride out. Anyone who says the 2001 doesn't throw as good as a wake as the sport i think has not been behind a 2001. The only wake that is bigger is a new sacked out V-drive but that is a whole new can of worms and I don't feel like starting any #$%^.

Kris
bryce_04
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Southern Utah

PostPosted: Jan 24, 2003 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I think my dad is leaning toward the sport just because of the space. He has had his eye on the 1996 sport posted on this site. It pretty much has everything we want. He just doesn't want to spend over 20k (asking 22.5k). Maybe if the guy will go down a little, we'll go for it. I think a pimped out 2001 is the way to go, but hey either one is definitely satisfying.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: