Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Restoring a boat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff
Addict
Addict

City: Long Island

PostPosted: Jan 19, 2003 7:40 pm    Post subject: Restoring a boat Reply with quote

Im gonna get a 1988 bayliner capri 16 foot for 800, the inside is beat up pritty badly and i was wondering if anyone had any advice on restoring the vinal and seats, or just any general tips for restoring it
hazza_35
Criminal
Criminal

City: kerang

PostPosted: Jan 19, 2003 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah go for it, its very rewarding looking at somthing you done yourself[/b][/code]

RIDE ON BUDDY!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DRAGON88
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Portland, OR

PostPosted: Jan 19, 2003 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hazza_35 wrote:
yeah go for it, its very rewarding looking at somthing you done yourself[/b][/code]

first Hazza_35 what the hell are you talking about?

Jeff what do you mean, I know quite abit about interior detailing so let me know what spacificaly the probelems are.

for stains use Fantastic and a tooth brush

for rips or tears (sp) use duct tape, I know it will look ghetto but it will stop the seats from ripping more.

Happy cleaning,
Dragon88

seven20
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Gainesville

PostPosted: Jan 21, 2003 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One big thing to check in an older bayliner is floor rot. It is very common in the 80's models and putting a new floor in can be pricy. We have a 19 foot that we custom rebuilt with captain's chairs and a bench seat/sundeck (boat is for sale if anyone is interested). It was very rewarding at the end, but we had to replace the floor and it was a pain. If you plan on getting the seats re-upholstered, i wouldn't reccomend duct tape...the upholstery guys won't like it very much.
Sean_Brinston
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Alliston Ontario

PostPosted: Jan 21, 2003 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the stringers, check to make sure the fiberglass is solid and hasnt been patched. Check that it has no leaks ifu can, make sure the transom is solid, and that the controls arent stuck or the key rusted in the ignition which can easily happen if its been ledt uncovered for awhile.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: