Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

slider dimensions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Cable Parks and Slider Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garveyj
Addict
Addict

City: Savage, MN

PostPosted: May 05, 2003 5:14 am    Post subject: slider dimensions Reply with quote

How wide are people making their sliders. My slider will be about 40 ft long, and I am wondering if there is a target that I should shoot for to make it stable.

thanks

derrick lenz
Addict
Addict

City: san antonio/ college station

PostPosted: May 05, 2003 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just depends on how hard you want to to be. if your using pvc a single pipe will leave you with a slider that will take a little skill to balance on. two pipes wide is pretty stable and anything above 2 is wide is pretty much good for a beginer slider. if your using the flat stuff instead of pvc i'd go about 4-6 inches wide.
garveyj
Addict
Addict

City: Savage, MN

PostPosted: May 05, 2003 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the frame?

My slider will be floating, so I want to make it stable so that it does not move all over the place when I get up on it.

derrick lenz
Addict
Addict

City: san antonio/ college station

PostPosted: May 05, 2003 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well to make it stable i recomend using styrafoam blocks to float your slider instead of barrels. if the slider isn't far enough in the water then take bags of concrete and lay them over the inside of your sliders framework to weight it down farther in the water. as far as width 3 feet wide should be good. the wider the more stable but the narrower it is the less likely it is you'll fall on the side of it.
criminally_minded
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: An ocean of vibrant sound

PostPosted: May 05, 2003 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a 40ft, floating slider. Its about 2 and 1/2 ft high, and 2ft across at the base, and unbolts into two sections. Go here - http://skwake.tripod.com and follow the link for pics and building tips.
pjdave
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

PostPosted: May 06, 2003 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 52 foot slider is 5 ft tall and 5 foot wide at the base it is really stable just make sure you put foam blocks around every 7 ft. making it higher out of the water gives you more options for tricks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Cable Parks and Slider Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: