Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

gonna try spring break

View previous topic :: View next topic  
w2w motive
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: gonna try spring break Reply with quote

hey hey, i have some lessons set up this spring break and im wondering, i have a wakeboard, 134 motive hyperlite, should i bring it on my trip or will it just be baggage? I can definatly wakeboard and i'm a pretty good sailor. will this help me or am i still at square one? and last, how did you guys do on your first days? thanks.
jason_ssr
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Dallas, Tx

PostPosted: Feb 24, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt bring it. You will do much better learning on a proper board. Once you got everything dialed on the kite, then you can ride your wakeboard. Wakeboards are not very efficent, but have mad pop. For learning, you will want everything to work as efficiently as possible.

You should be able to ride in your normal stance without a problem on your first day. You wont be able to stay upwind, but you will be up and riding. If you have solid switch riding skills, then you can ride switch as well. Most of us who can do a few switch inverts behind the boat thought that we had good switch skills. Well the kite lets you know quick if you do or not. I didnt, and it took a while to get the switch riding down.

Just go learn to fly and have fun. Dont worry about rapid progression. it is hard to coordinate at first, but once you get into it, the flying becomes involuntary, and you just wakeboard.

My avatar is NOT a pic of me! HAHA!
w2w motive
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Feb 24, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awsome, thanks
gene3x
Addict
Addict

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Feb 28, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason it looks like you are everyone's Guru on here! Laughing I am gettign a little more excited about coming out. I am jsut so damn busy! When is your next outing?
jason_ssr
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Dallas, Tx

PostPosted: Feb 28, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barring any work disaster, Im gonna try to grab a quick session after work at GV tomorrow. Might try to get Zack to come out as well. Will be at Rockledge Park. I can get you guys going flying the trainer, and Ill run grab a session. Between watching me eat poo knocking the rust off, and you learning to fly the trainer, it could be good cheap entertainment. Give me a buzz.

Jason

My avatar is NOT a pic of me! HAHA!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Kiteboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: