Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

ollie cut, progressive cut, triple flip...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bodigus
Criminal
Criminal

City: Chicago IL

PostPosted: Apr 30, 2003 4:18 am    Post subject: ollie cut, progressive cut, triple flip... Reply with quote

do these cuts reallllly affect the trick your doing? i've been having troubles with my 360 and 540 because i've been losing the handle, i know they say to pull the handle as hard as u can to your back hip, but i still seem to have trouble. any tips would be cool
Jim M
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Apr 30, 2003 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Progressive edge, stand tall as your edge is releasing off the wake (NOT at the wake and NOT before you get to the wake), this should help you get a good controlled pop and it will minimize tension when you are in the air and make it easier to keep the handle with you.
Brian B.
Addict
Addict

City: Dawson, Minnesota

PostPosted: Apr 30, 2003 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on spins you want to you and ollie edge, edge in but dont be real hard about it just be going somewhat fast
ghettolake415
Addict
Addict

City: College Location: Orlando / Hometown: Sarasota

PostPosted: May 03, 2003 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it also helps to flatten of at the wake a hair to get some slack in the line which will make the hand pass much easier.

I'm putting Salt in every lake in the world!!!!!!!!!! Except mine....

Representing: UCF Wakeboard Team & Lake Price
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Snow Skate Wake
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: May 03, 2003 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell you exactly what your problem is. You are trying to spin too early. You need to pop then pull. If you will notice on a trampline if you have a handle and have the line tight and spin right as you leave the tramp, you will get the handle jerked out of your hands. What you need to do is jump, wait untill you are at the peak or almost at the peak of the jump, then pull the handle. The same is true when behind the boat. You should try to wait untill you are about half way across the wake before unitiating the spin. This sounds exagerated, but give it a try, it is not. You need to make sure that your arms pulling the handle is the only thing that is initiating your spin. Don't even try turning your body untill you are completely off the wake. Hope this helps.
boarderpunk37
Criminal
Criminal

City: Davis

PostPosted: May 06, 2003 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What "Snow Skate Wake" says helped me out alot when i was learning spins. I exagerrated the time i was in the air before initiating the spin and the handle pass was really easy. When you do it like this, the spins look a little jerky but once you get the handle pass down just start smoothing them out!! Good luck man
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: