Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

backroll

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nparks

City: San Juan

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2003 4:05 pm    Post subject: backroll Reply with quote

Here is a video of me doing a backroll and having the rope pop out of my hand . Please tell me what I am doing wrong. I have only landed this backroll once, but it was really sketched out. I know how to do it, its just the landing that I can't get down. For some reason there is always tons of slack in the rope when I land, and it snaps out of my hand. Oh check out my site too - nparks.tk. Thanks before hand!

* click here for video
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Wake Pimp
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2003 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the vid was pretty small when I watched it, but first thing was you let go with one hand half way through. You need to keep your elbows in and hold on with both hands.
nparks

City: San Juan

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2003 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I know man... I have tried so much, but for some reason it rips out of my hands right before I land. Or sometimes I will land, and then there will be slack in the rope, and then the rope gets pulled out of my hands... Other than that, is there anything wrong with carving into it? or body position?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
aussie_stu
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Noosa, Australia

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2003 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd slow down your cut a bit, looks like your rushing it, just use a progressive cut, as if your going for a wake to wake grab, and as you ride up the wake, look above your lead shoulder and try to edge the board away from the boat, this will automatically make the board go into the rotation without you throwing the trick, only drop your hand on the landing, but always keep you handle in to your hips, goodluck Very Happy
Is it beer o'clock yet??
-----------
http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=136
Nathan Newman
Addict
Addict

City: Baylor

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2003 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loosen up a little, let the wake do the rotation, don't try to throw it. keep both hands on. When I learned these, I had both hands on the whole time.

An eye for an eye will make the world blind.
-Gandhi

It is better to die standing than to live on your knees.
-Che Guevera
J_DOGG
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: New Hampshire

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2003 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wakepimp and Nathan gave you some good tips. you should be doing the trick with both hands on the handle all the way around. I have found keeping the handle in tighter to the hips during the approach is also a key.

It looks like you are cutting in way too hard, you will land the backroll easier if you take it W2W with a slower more progressive cut.

Other than that it looks good, you almost have it.

PEACE

Aubs wrote:
J Dogg - I thought of you last night.

"Everyone wants a bite, it don't happen over night"!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: