Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

air tricks, doing stuff without the wake?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xposed

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2003 6:57 am    Post subject: air tricks, doing stuff without the wake? Reply with quote

I was just reading up somewhere from a very vague source about pulling stuff without the wake by edging out hard, stopping suddenly, and getting pop without the help of a wake? does anyone know what I'm talking about, and/or some stuff to read up on how to acctually start practicing this technique?
Nathan Newman
Addict
Addict

City: Baylor

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2003 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's using line tension to generate pop.
I want to learn an air roll, that'd be a cool transistion between sets

An eye for an eye will make the world blind.
-Gandhi

It is better to die standing than to live on your knees.
-Che Guevera
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

City: Austin, TX

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2003 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres another topic on this already. Try using the search function. I'm not sure how they do it behind the boat, but people all the time do inverts and raleys and their variations all the time at the cable. From what I hear is use a slower progressive edge than usual, but at the last second dig real hard and do your most explosive ollie ever while edging. You also have to throw your trick. So basically for a raley, progress your edge slower, dig real hard, explosive ollie off your back foot while edging, and throw your front foot back (I think, Derrick and wakegurl will probably correct me, this is just from what I think I heard =P, after all I am just a wakeskater Wink)

www.texasskiranch.com

PS - This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q & R were eliminated.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2003 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nathan Newman, if you can do a backroll (not a mexican one though) behind the boat, come to TSR and you can learn your air roll and air roll to revert. I've seen guys who their first time on the cable, who knew how to do a backroll behind a boat, come out there and within the hour, probably less, pulled off an air roll.

www.texasskiranch.com

PS - This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q & R were eliminated.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2003 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha dock, ya had to say that, lol, its hard on the cable but i would think the are alot harder behind the boat, its not really a "hard ollie" dock, its like a flicking motion, you have a good edge, and then you kinda in a single motion dig your front foot into the water, and throw it back, causing it to lift ya out of the water if ya have the right line tension....thats the best i can explain it, i dont know if its different behind boat
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2003 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured I screw something up, then again I also have been listening to advice from some guy who is now purely a wakeskater =P

www.texasskiranch.com

Nathan Newman
Addict
Addict

City: Baylor

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2003 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, sometime this summer I'd like to head down to TSR. Maybe go tube the Guadaloupe and get piss ass drunk too! Very Happy

An eye for an eye will make the world blind.
-Gandhi

It is better to die standing than to live on your knees.
-Che Guevera
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2003 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the throwing your front foot back, but what about you're back foot? Wouldn't you still need to pop off of it somehow?

www.texasskiranch.com

x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2003 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no not really, you just got to have a good edge, and you can hesitate, and when you do the motion needed with the front foot, the cable just sorta pulls ya out of the water, then you do your trick
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2003 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right, since you actually wakeboard at the cable, I'll take your word for it Razz

www.texasskiranch.com

surfergirl

City: Austin, Tx

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2003 8:25 am    Post subject: pop Reply with quote

There's a really good article in the Wakeboarding magazine...either last months issue or March's issue. It has awesome info. on how to load the line (your rope) and release to get pop. It's like a slingshot or something. Check it out...
Fauker
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Charlotte

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2003 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id like to see someone drop an air mobe 5. Jebus...
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2003 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hrmm, Derrick or wakegurl, can you throw an air mobe at a cable park, or does it have to be like a crow mobe or something?

www.texasskiranch.com

x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2003 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have never acually heard the term "air" with it, but i know people do mobes on the cable, i dont know if people do crow mobes off the surface but i nkow they do off kickers
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2003 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Josh has been sticking it here at TSR, I think since spring break? I dunno. Supposedly only like 4-5 people in the US can stick them, and that probably includes Donald and Rob =P

www.texasskiranch.com

x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2003 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, i know more then 4-5 people who have stuck them at Rixen alone, maybe even more, but idont know exactly who landed them, but i know some peolple who have stuck them
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2003 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant w/o a kicker, as a surface trick

www.texasskiranch.com

x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2003 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya i know, thas what i am talking about, your talking about mobes, right?
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2003 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
x2xwakegurlx2x -
i dont know if people do crow mobes off the surface but i nkow they do off kickers

Quote:
DockSecret -
Yeah, Josh has been sticking it here at TSR, I think since spring break? I dunno. Supposedly only like 4-5 people in the US can stick them, and that probably includes Donald and Rob =P

I'm talking about crow mobes on the surface =P

www.texasskiranch.com

Last edited by DockSecret on Apr 29, 2003 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2003 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooooo ok, lol sry, i thought we were talking about mobes, i dont know if anyone at Rixen does Crow mobes on the surface, im sure there is someone that does, ill find out
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2003 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, some guy from Florida came down, kinda older guy, and we we're talking about it and they mentioned like 4 guys from rixen pulling it off.

www.texasskiranch.com

x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2003 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooo ok, probably, what was his name??? i probably know who, just like if i saw them do the trick, i might not know what it is, lol, so therefore i wouldnt know who can do them, lol, but im sure there are some guys that can do them, i ll find out tomorow if i remember to ask someone
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2003 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't recall his name. all I remember was

1) He can say my last name better than I can
2) How impressed he was w/ Josh's number of tricks he can pull off, Josh (and I mean Potter) did learn a lot for someone who has only ridden cable a few times before TSR was built.
3) Comparisons on the different cable parks, like how Rixen and TSR were more like a family, and OWC was more of an acquaintance (sp?) type atmosphere, hard to explain, kinda not all there.

That's about it =P

www.texasskiranch.com

x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2003 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he could say your last name better then you, ok, i wont even ask, lol...ya i do know what ya mean about the family thing though, i cant wait to go up there, i heard so much about it
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2003 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, both my brother and I can't say our last names right. And everyone knows of that football player, which we share last names.

I guess what he meant by family thing was like at TSR, I guess a lot of people hang out a lot more. A good group of friends maybe? I dunno =P

I'm loving TSR, i live 40 miles away and go enough to make a wise investment in a gold pass Smile. You should come for cablestock, just hide in like Jeff Pollack's bag or something Devil Guy

www.texasskiranch.com

x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2003 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant come to cablestock, cant afford it, i rather spend the money on the tickets for nationals, rather then a big party, plus May is a big month for us, we gotta fly up to Jersy for my cousins wedding, my parents are going on a cruise they won from there business, and i gotta be in school for this certain week for a musical that i dont even want to be in,but if im not ill fail the class, lol, but ya, maybe next year, i dont know
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2003 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why I said
Quote:

just hide in like Jeff Pollack's bag or something

That way it be free Wink

www.texasskiranch.com

x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2003 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no thanx
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2003 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i tried, see ya at nationals =P

www.texasskiranch.com

x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2003 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

of course Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: