Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

More Ballast Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CP3
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: SC

PostPosted: Dec 01, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: More Ballast Questions Reply with quote

I have read alot of the other ballast topics and I just wanted full story on what pumps to use. I have already bought twin V-drive sacs and a locker sac. I am looking in to using one Jabsco pump for each sac and making a dedicated through hull ballast inlet,and having a vent for each bag. To drain the pumps I would reverse them and have a check valve that made the water go out through the vents for the bags. Would it be easier to use 6 airetor pumps or what? Any Advice is greatly apprecieated.
wesgardner
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Severna Park

PostPosted: Dec 02, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey CP3,

The Jabsco and Simer pumps (both reversible) can pump in and out through the same below-the-waterline thru-hull fitting. You'll need a vent for each sac. You may not need any check valves...I'm not going this route so I havne't put alotta time in designing a system.

The aerators will require two pumps for each sac. You can still use a common thru hull and manifold (I'm using four intake pumps - Tsunami 1200's) but will need to keep the pumps below the waterline as they are not self-priming and you'll need a check valve on each as a back flow preventor as these pumps CANNOT stop waterflow when switched off...when they are filling, the ycan just use the exhaust outlet of the bag as a vent/overflow protection.

Wes

mantaray
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Dec 02, 2005 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out my topic on ballast systems. I used 3 Jabscos and 3 bags. The only place I used check valves is on the vents. This way when you empty the sacs, it sucks all the water out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> DIY Projects All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: