Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Nitro, Lib Tech, Gnu

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kid
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: chico

PostPosted: Nov 16, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Nitro, Lib Tech, Gnu Reply with quote

Ive done a lot of research and ive narrowed my selection down to the boards that follow:

Lib Tech: Jamie lynn phoenix: supposedly has that golden fleece meterial which is lightest out there. TNT base supposed to be super fast and short tail/nose for good swing weight

Nitro: t1: super sexy i like it a lot, super flexy...so i here i want a flexy board but i dont know if i want it thaaat flexy

Nitro: t2: little bit more well rounded than the t1 while still twin tipped.

Gnu:Riders choice: the graphics are sick, it looks like a pretty park oriented board but i can still rip the hill. i dont know if this board is flexy enough for me.

I spend majority of my time at the park and im pretty good, i do it rails so getting a flexy board would be beneficial. I still like to bomb hills and carve and all that good stuff, but mostly im in the park.

I want a lot of pop off jumps but still flexy on the rails.

Any other boards that you think are in this category would be cool too so if youve ridden any of these boards please give me some more info.

GnuRC161.5sized.jpg

Description:
riders choice
 Filesize:  14.74 KB
 Viewed:  9645 Time(s)

libtechjamielynn.jpg

Description:
jamie lynn
 Filesize:  8.4 KB

NITRO_0006.33453.jpg

Description:
t2
 Filesize:  7.03 KB

l_t1156.jpg

Description:
T1
 Filesize:  21.51 KB

NorthwestRider
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Puyallup, WA

PostPosted: Nov 16, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of those boards I would choose the Gnu riders choice followed by the T2. (I don't know anything about the T2 I've just seen a fair amount of people ride it.)

My style of riding is pretty much the same as yours. I ride a Capita BSOD and LOVE IT. The only thing I don't like about it is that slider set up thing with the bindings. For some reason my bindings always come loose when I ride and the slider binding set up makes that more of a problem for me. I've never heard anyone else complain about it though. The BSOD is a little bit stifer then you are looking for I think. But still flexi enough to do presses easily.

I have been looking in to getting a Capita Outdoor Living off ebay But I desided I like my BSOD too much and am curretly looking for a new one on ebay.

www.myspace.com/algebraicsatellite
^more new songs!
www.algebraicsatellite.com/blog
My Electronic Music.
jwat142
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Nov 17, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard nothing but good things about the Rome Agent. I just got this board, so I haven't been able to test it out yet. Supposed to be a park killer and good on big kickers, yet it's still stiff enough to allow you to bomb the hills. Check it out.
Jay Dutton
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Park City, UT

PostPosted: Nov 17, 2005 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of the two Mervin boards I personally like the Jamie Lynn better than the Rider's Choice. I have a Rider's Choice and I don't like it too much. It's a great park board and rides well in pow too but it washes out on high speed carves and in the chop. I don't feel nearly as comfortable hauling ass on it as I do my Dark Series. The Lynn is a bit stiffer, plus it has the Golden Fleece this year. Golden Fleece is made from volcano ash and is supposedly many times stronger than traditional fiberglass.

Don't know anything about the Nitros, but I hear good things about them..

Don't forget the Lib Travis Rice, I'm getting one sent hopefully next week. My bro rode one last week and said it's quite possibly the best board he's ever ridden.
dirtysparks
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Nov 17, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthwestRider

Do you have Capita hardware for your slider system? Apparantely some others have had problems with it too but was resolved by getting specific mounting hardware from Capita. I've got the '06 BSOD with just the 4x2 inserts. It's rumored that they got rid of the slider thingy on a lot of boards when Forum started using the slider system. I guess people were complaining that the Forum slider was really crappy so Capita didn't want the bad rep on their new boards.
whatcomRidaz
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Nov 17, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd stay away from the Mervin product, although the most of the kids rolling them are cool as hell. Mervin boards just don't seem to stand the test of time, I've had more than one board that lose pop after 30 days of riding. They do try and stand behind thier product thoug. I got 2 Altered Genetics replaced last year (Well actually I'm still waiting for the second one).
whatcomRidaz
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Nov 17, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah I'd go with the Forum JP Walker.
NorthwestRider
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Puyallup, WA

PostPosted: Nov 17, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dirtysparks, I am really glad they got rid of the slider system. My bindings come loose on every board I ride for some reason and the slider system just makes it worse. I am hoping to get a BSOD for christmas.

www.myspace.com/algebraicsatellite
^more new songs!
www.algebraicsatellite.com/blog
My Electronic Music.
kid
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Nov 17, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so riders choice has more flex than jamie lynn..?

and rome...i heard that it was the best of the burton designers that weren't d*cks and they went of and started more of a .."homegrown" company less big. so i hear....

id really like to hear more about the nitros cause they're reasonably priced.

Thanks.

Jay Dutton
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Park City, UT

PostPosted: Nov 17, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kid wrote:
so riders choice has more flex than jamie lynn..?

and rome...i heard that it was the best of the burton designers that weren't d*cks and they went of and started more of a .."homegrown" company less big. so i hear....
Yes and yes. An engineer from Burton started Rome, they make really sweet stuff. I think I may ride thier bindings this year.
kid
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Nov 19, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at this moment i could get a riders choice for 260, or a jamie lynn for the same price.

im wondering if there will be much of a difference between the flex of the riders choice and jamie lynn, and if i'll notice it in the park. Am i giving something up buying the jamie lynn? or should i sacrifice a little bit more stabalization and getting more flex on the riders choice.

i would get the new tavis rice magnetraction but its a bit expensive.

numbfoot
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Bigfork, Montana

PostPosted: Nov 21, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm riding the forum jp walker w/ the sliders and i've had no problem. stays solid.

wakeboardertj wrote:
numbfoot, hahah you ruthless whore. blame it on the fat girl. Nice... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Blog Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Snowboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: