Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Advice on first snowboard.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevehollx

PostPosted: Oct 19, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Advice on first snowboard. Reply with quote

Sorry, I know these questions appear a lot, but there's jsut way to vast of an amount of snowboards out there and I have no clue where to start.

Im sick of waiting for the snow to melt, its time I start trying to enjoy it.

Ive been snowboaridng a few times, and paired with wakeboarding, I know I'll pick things up fast.

I plan on doing mostly park riding, but probably may make some occasional trips to some resorts near the rockies for riding some powder.

I want a casual and loose feeling board. I like a fair amount of flex.

I'm 5'7", 145 lbs.

Maybe describing what I ride on water may help: For my wakeboard, I ride a 3 stage rocker, with 4 fins.

I'm looking to spend 350-400 on a board/binding/boot package. What do you guys reccomend, and where are some good places to get something at? I'm all for closeouts, and even used gear.

Thanks so much for any help and advice!
jryoung
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Man Jose

PostPosted: Oct 19, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost any freestyle board will work for you. I would size in the 154-157cm range. I'm not sure where you live, but check your local shops or used gear stores. I would look into getting a used board and bindings, but get boots new. They are your most important piece of equipment, angry feet is no fun, I've done it way too many times.

When shopping for boots, try everything on, as many models as you can. Each brand just like shoes will fit differently. Again you'll want to find a freestyle boot as you aren't looking for a tremendous amount of support.

As far as brands there are dozens, here are a few that I would stick with:
Boards:
Burton
Lib-Tech
GNU
Never Summer
Ride
Capita
K2
Forum
Sims

Bindings:
Burton
Bent-Metal
Drake
Tech-Nine
Sims

Boots:
Burton
DC
Salomon
Northwave

Start poking around, when you find something, check back and people will be happy to give you advice.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Snowboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: