Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

has anyone made fat sacks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hermy1291
Criminal
Criminal

City: Livonia/Gladwin

PostPosted: Oct 09, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: has anyone made fat sacks Reply with quote

Has anyone made fat sacks. Im looking to put some in my familys boat but there is no way i could get them to pay that much. Is there an inexspensive way to make them?
QNev
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Kamloops, BC

PostPosted: Oct 09, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha ohhh there is... I read a post earlier and apparently some guy went to Dairy Queen and asked for the bags they use for the soft serve. See if that helps. You'll still need to buy a pump though.
moomba010
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey the cheapest thing i found was small grain patio rock... it's almost like sand, but it isn't as messy and is less expensive. I bout ten 50 lbs bags for like 20 or so dollars and put them in plastic containers that my rents had laying around.... it's a little bit of work loading them into your boat, but i can get them in and out faster than my friends can fill up there fat sacs, and they are more manueverable.... but don't get me wrong it is nice having fat sacs b/c of the ease of use, but if u want in expensive try the patio rock.

something like this... i fit 5 in each one

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0575715059.1129425922@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccedaddfmgjjfhhcgelceffdfgidgmk.0&CNTTYPE=PROD_META&CNTKEY=misc/searchResults.jsp&MID=9876&N=2984+4412&pos=n14

and for the weight.....

well i couldn't find a link, i don't think people sell sand over the internet.. maybe shipping would be too much on 50lbs lol. Just go to lowe's or something and ask them about it.
moomba010
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey the cheapest thing i found was small grain patio rock... it's almost like sand, but it isn't as messy and is less expensive. I bout ten 50 lbs bags for like 20 or so dollars and put them in plastic containers that my rents had laying around.... it's a little bit of work loading them into your boat, but i can get them in and out faster than my friends can fill up there fat sacs, and they are more manueverable.... but don't get me wrong it is nice having fat sacs b/c of the ease of use, but if u want in expensive try the patio rock.

something like this... i fit 5 in each one

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0575715059.1129425922@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccedaddfmgjjfhhcgelceffdfgidgmk.0&CNTTYPE=PROD_META&CNTKEY=misc/searchResults.jsp&MID=9876&N=2984+4412&pos=n14

and for the weight.....

well i couldn't find a link, i don't think people sell sand over the internet.. maybe shipping would be too much on 50lbs lol. Just go to lowe's or something and ask them about it.
Cyclonecj
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Atlanta

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

waterbed tubes work.
wakessories
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Oct 19, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10-20Gal Tupperware bins at Walmart are the cheapest, fastest way to get ballast in your boat. Just dump them in the water, lift them into the boat and away you go. Then just lift over the side to empty. Quick, Easy, Clean and Cheap... Can't go wrong.

You could always forget to put the plug in your boat and let a little water in. Smile Just remember to watch the water level so you don't fill it up too much. Smile Bad idea, but an option!! Smile
ballywho
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Oct 19, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

10-20Gal Tupperware bins at Walmart are the cheapest, fastest way to get ballast in your boat. Just dump them in the water, lift them into the boat and away you go.

How do you lift 20 gal. of water into the boat? That weighs about 120lbs, I will be very impressed if you could lift it over the freeboard of most any boat. I think if you were to buy a pump though, this could work.

Last edited by ballywho on Feb 28, 2009 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
hyperlite22
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: denton

PostPosted: Oct 19, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

water-bed mattress could work,but youd have to fill it up with a pump from inside the boat cuz that would be almost impossible to put it in the boat already full
Chad H
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: Atlanta

PostPosted: Oct 19, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ballywho,
20 gallons would be about 160 pounds.
ballywho
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Oct 19, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right. I suck at math.

Last edited by ballywho on Feb 28, 2009 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
wakessories
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Nov 10, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Tupperware Reply with quote

It requires two people! If you're a weenie, it might require more.
Buergday

PostPosted: Nov 10, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try filling up an old tube (like the big ones you use for tubing). Thats what we do, and it works great. Super cheap.
albinoblacksheep
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Nov 15, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres this guy on our lake who made his own wakeboarding boat...he made his own 8 foot tower and for fat sacs.. he used old barrels and put them in the back of his boat..all you would need to buy would be the pumps(regular fat sac pumps work)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> DIY Projects All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: