Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Mt. Hood Meadows / Timberline Lodge / Mt. Bachelor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
h2oproaccessories

City: semmes

PostPosted: Oct 07, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Mt. Hood Meadows / Timberline Lodge / Mt. Bachelor Reply with quote

Who all are gunna board at these places? I'm headin up Christmas week......i'm goin to board a few times between Meadows and T Line......depends on if Meadows actually has snow this year......then headin down to Bachelor for a few days......havent ever been there....so I figured now is a good time. I just want to hit some pretty sick slopes......oh yeah....if you hear that they might be havin a good season (as if we can actually know ahead of time) let me know.... I booked my flight today! See you guys on the slopes!
JohnD
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: San Diego

PostPosted: Oct 07, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to Meadows the Christmas before last ('03) and it was frickin' dumping! It was my first time at Meadows and I'd read that conditions on Mt. Hood can be wet and sloppy. The day I drove up it had been snowing all night. It snowed on the drive up and snowed all day while we were riding. Here's a pic of me standing in the shallow stuff! Smile

After this pic was taken I got stuck in some pow that was twice as deep. Took me 15 minutes to hike about 15 yards.

~J.
jryoung
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Man Jose

PostPosted: Oct 08, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just want to hit some pretty sick slopes

No point on going to Timberline then, stick with Meadows when you are at Hood.

h2oproaccessories

PostPosted: Oct 08, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice pic.... i was there last winter......SUCKED! well...i mean... i guess it didnt suck if you like ridin on ICE. We were in the terrain park and my girlfriend was ridin on a friends board.....with flow bindings....and she got pretty good air....about 7 feet....and when she landed her foot came out of the binding........resulting in a cracked rib....then she rode down the hill.........she wouldnt let me get the ski patrol for her.......i guess that's why i love her......haha.......and a year before that.....i broke my collar bone at timberline....didnt really knew i broke it till i was moving my arm.....(with my other arm) and then i held it over my head and was going to let it down by itself.........and my arm just droped......hey...at least i got a free snowmobile ride out of it!!!
Scott Jones
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Pullman or Vancouver

PostPosted: Oct 08, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mt Hood is my home. Go to Meadows. Timberline isn't all that good, but it has a better vibe. If there is a super super low snow level, go to skibowl, it's cheaper, and the upper bowls have some really fun lines and drops. Bachelor is pretty good too, but I like Meadows better.
h2oproaccessories

PostPosted: Oct 09, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Crystal Mountain....up in washington......i have boarded on mt hood alot....but im kinda tryin to figure out if i wanna go to crystal or bachelor..........being its about the same distance apart from hood.........im goin to be staying in Sandy, Or....on mt. hood.....
lcap
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Homeless

PostPosted: Oct 10, 2005 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

h2oproaccessories,

Not many mountains can compare to Crystal, IMO. Especially if you're an advanced/rider skier. I don't think in the hundreds of times I skied Crystal if there has been one day where she hasn't gotten the better of me.

The North and South backcountry are awesome! Very few people and incrediable terrian!

Before making up my mind however I would see how the snow is falling at Thanksgiving time. Bachelor gets much more snow than Crystal and earlier. You have about a 40% chance of ideal conditions at Crystal at Christmas time--about 90% for Bachelor.

Ian_82
Addict
Addict

City: Longview, WA

PostPosted: Oct 10, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i might have to check out crystal. problem is coming from near portland, you gotta go way outta the way to get there instead of cutting up from HWY 12 (which goes to white pass). they close the road int he winter so you gotta go up north quite a ways farther. which is apain.

Meadows is pretty nice. but if price is an issue, or you just want some good drops and bowls, hit SkiBowl.
h2oproaccessories

PostPosted: Oct 11, 2005 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea......if ski bowl has any snow......they opened for like 2 days last season.... We found a house that sleeps 12 with a hot tub and stuff in bachelor for like 250.00 per night....cant beat that......so i think were going to head down that way......at least ........that's what it's looking like.....It looks like Bachelor has some pretty good drops at the summit....but then again...im just watching the videos on their web site....and looking at their map......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Snowboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: