Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Downtown at night!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
QNev
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Kamloops, BC

PostPosted: Sep 02, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Downtown at night! Reply with quote

Okay this makes me extremely mad! Police patrol downtown at night and usually don't care. Tonight, my friend and I were out on our nightly skate and two police officers in a ghost car came up and said that there could be no skateboarding in the downtown area...unless it was your own property.

This really pisses me off! It's not like we're harming anyone... No one's around. The nearest park is 13 blocks away (and sucks), the other is way over on the other side of town, and we just wanted some time to kill! The spot we usually skate is pretty beat up and it's not like we're making it any worse! Actually it has to be good for the environment. No gas, no crashes or debris, nothing!

Does anyone else find this wrong for the police to kick skaters off their spot? The ignorant, loud, inconciderate ones I can understand, but not two kids that go skate every night as a routine!

pooser
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Sep 02, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Does anyone else find this wrong for the police to kick skaters off their spot?

there is not much you can do. Run ins with the po po is just something that you need to get used to when skateboarding. You need to remember that its not YOUR spot it IS someone else property. IMO the only thing that really pisses people off is if you wax and grind stuff. They can kick you off the sidewalk and empty parking lots are pretty safe so just lay low there for a while and get back to skating. I cant get over this one time when I was skating a basketball court and this one guy came up and started playing, minutes later he asked me to leave because skateboards were causing thes 3 inch pits in the concrete basketball court, I left(the guy was Bubb Rubbing huge and i didnt want to get confrontational) but that was the biggest load of bs ever.
QNev
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Sep 02, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were some dents in the sidewalk right out front my house and my neighbours almost phoned the fuzz because they believed it was from my skateboard Confused
eklipse
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Ladysmith

PostPosted: Sep 02, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah this kind of thing happens pretty much everywhere. Not much you can do, but go skate somewhere else! Very Happy

QNev, I was up on a houseboat trip on the Shushwap area this summer and we passed through Kamloops. It's a nice city, but where are all the lakes. We didn't see any in that area.

QNev
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Sep 03, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eklipse, Ahh they're all outside of Kamloops. There's Kamloops Lake like half an hour out and then there's the Little Shuswap and the Shuswap. Little Shuswap has to be THE best place for riding if you get out at the right time.

It's great.. All the lakes have little bays so it's like glass close to the shore.

sj11
Criminal
Criminal

City: gilford, nh

PostPosted: Oct 08, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gfdgf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Skateboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: