Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Rennovating old fishing boat.. But no longer fishing boat.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LFADAM
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: New York City

PostPosted: Oct 20, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mantaray, if that was supposed to be a bash toward me, thats uncalled for. I REALLY do know how lucky I am to have access to such a sweet boat. Really! I know that nobody will believe that but after 5 years of waiting, learning behind an unweighted, towerless I/O and just seeing how awesome these boats are and for me to get one while people a lot better than me are riding behind fishing boats, I know. If I was really stuck up, dont you think I would have sunk that jon boat by now and rubbed it in this thread? I love that boat and its no VLX.

If it wasnt a bash; Its been in the the building in that picture above for 5 weeks, so I do not have access to it right now. Also I would like it for getting into shallow/narrow places or when the VLX is winterized. Lastly there is a 10hp and under permanent glass lake that I want to go to and the VLX doesnt fit those requirements.
Chad H

City: Atlanta

PostPosted: Oct 21, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hollywood,
Actually,
Long as i take it out like every weekend and some weekdays during the summer, i got all the moneys worth.
Brit Rider
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Cheshire, England

PostPosted: Oct 25, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wakeboarddrumma, Big props for doing this.

I started out behind a boat similar to yuor own... 30hp.. 14 ft long.

I now own a 2005 SAN.. and i know this sounds really stupid but some of my best memories are in the old 14ft dory.. it was super simple to launch, clean, maintain etc.. and did everthing we wanted it to. it was truly an awesome boat.

If you can get hold of a 30-40hp engine that thing will fly! trust me.. not sure why some people dissagree... you will easily be able to skate behind it with 30hp, 3 buds and some gear with you.

Boombox up front sounds like an awesome idea.. as does maybe a small wooden built sunpad/seat for chilling. also build somewhere to house a cooler/snacks/stashed beer and prepare for an awesome time.

I'd also try and see if when you buy an old motor pick up or salvage a control box, steering cable and steering wheel. if you can get them for cheap it would make a big difference to the boat... plus once you go above 30hp i'm not sure if you can still get a tiller controlled motor.

The tracking is going to be horrible... people will point and laugh.... it will break down.. but hot diggety damn who gives a sh*t, its not what its about - I know you will have an awesome time in her, the best of luck to you Very Happy Cool

thatkidchris19

City: Stephens

PostPosted: Nov 05, 2005 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should go for it. Its not going to be the best boat, but just to have something to get away from you parents is great. My first boat was a 1972 16' tri-hull powered by a ragged out 40 horse motor. I was 17 and me and my buddies had so much fun. Of course we had to throw everyone out at the beachy area to even tow a skier. But i learned alot with that boat, and had two memorable summers. I wish i would have took some pics. 10 people on a 16' boat, jumping waves, broken bones, lost plugs, burning out batteries, late night island parties. Ill remember it all for the rest of my life.
kavlock99
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St. Louis

PostPosted: Nov 07, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the blue sides. Paint the blue overspray? Sounds like a fun project. Keep it up.
Vampyre
Addict
Addict

City: Ooltewah, TN

PostPosted: Nov 07, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it is all about having fun, isn't it?
It's not about the $50,000 boats... and you will appreciate it even more, because of your hard work.

Good luck, and have fun!

Chad H

City: Atlanta

PostPosted: Nov 23, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, i hadn't looked at this for a while. Good to see all the encouragement. The boat is kinda rapped up till after christmas, then i can finish it up. Brit rider, thanks for that post. I liked it.
justflyguy

City: hot springs

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU HAVE ALL LOST YOUR MINDS!!!!!!!
Brit Rider
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Cheshire, England

PostPosted: Feb 04, 2006 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justflyguy, Go ask you mom what to say when you don't have anything nice to say.....

Please... comments of that nature neither earn points with anyone or make you look good. Rolling Eyes

kartman
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: meridian, Idaho

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF???? ive never seen anything like that. i think that with 30 hp on the back, it would fly!!!! did u ever end up using it?

Last edited by kartman on Apr 11, 2009 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Christobull
Addict
Addict

City: Tulsa

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a funny feed. I did read all the way back. Wondering what it looks like now. You're probably what? 18? 19 now? Do you still take it out?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> DIY Projects All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: