Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Big-Air Comp in San Francisco this Sat.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cabin
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Nor Cal Nomad

PostPosted: Aug 24, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Big-Air Comp in San Francisco this Sat. Reply with quote

Anyone going to this?

ICER AIR 2005: Jonny Moseley Hosts San Francisco’s

Inaugural Urban Big-Air Competition, presented by JEEP

Pro Skiers and Snowboarders To Compete on One of the

Steepest Streets in San Francisco

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (July 21, 2004) - ICER is pleased to announce ICER AIR 2005, the inaugural big-air competition to be held on one of San Francisco’s world-renowned steepest streets. ICER AIR 2005 will feature 20 professional skiers and snowboarders in what promises to be one of the most exciting events to hit the streets of San Francisco. The event is scheduled to take place, Saturday, August 27th 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Fillmore Street between Broadway and Green Streets.

The ski jump will cover 800 downhill feet on Fillmore Street, stretching from Pacific Heights to Cow Hollow, with spectacular views of the San Francisco Bay, Alcatraz, and the Golden Gate Bridge. More than 12,000 cubic feet of snow will be used to create the jump and launch athletes over distances of up to70 feet, and to heights reaching 20 feet in the air.

“We are excited and proud to be hosting what we hope to be the first of many ICER events that bring together urban and athletic communities,” said Glen Griffin ICER spokesperson. “Given its incredibly steep streets and spectacular views, San Francisco is the ideal city to host the inaugural big-air competition.”

The big-air invitational features some of the most talented athletes on the mountain today. Athletes include: Kye Petersen, TJ Schiller, Simon Dumont, Rory Silva, Eric Pollard, Candide Thovex, Grete Eliassen, Mickael Deschenaux, CR Johnson, Sean Field, Eddie Wall, Kurt Wastell, Aaron Biittner, Darrell Mathes, Brent Meyer, John Jackson, JJ Thomas, Jimi Tomer, Ali Goulet and Andreas Wiig.

Athletes will be competing for more than $100,000 in cash and prizes. ICER AIR 2005 sponsors include: Jeep, SSX On Tour, ICER SPORT, SKI by Jonny Moseley, Bataleon Snowboards, Sweet Helmets, Freeskier Magazine, San Francisco Convention & Visitors Bureau, CamelBak, Predator Wear, 560 Gallery Culture, Zig Zag Bail Bonds, Snowbomb.com, SPX Clothing, Hi Ball Mixers and City Visions Entertainment. Charity partners for ICER AIR 2005 are Boarding for Breast Cancer and CHARITYSMITH.

markymarc
Addict
Addict

City: Apopka(Orlando)

PostPosted: Aug 24, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a sight to see
twitch88
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: up the hill, ca

PostPosted: Aug 24, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there. I heard the city was giving them some problems though.
twitch88
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: up the hill, ca

PostPosted: Aug 24, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind, I guess I won't be going since it has been cancelled. Mad Sad

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/baycitynews/archive/2005/08/24/skijump24.DTL

That sucks, it would've been pretty cool to see too. Evil or Very Mad

southshoresledder
Criminal
Criminal

City: meyers

PostPosted: Aug 24, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It got post-poned suspposely... i live right out side the city like fifteen minutes away. But supposely some bitch is getting married on the same day on the same street as the big-air so she called the city and complained like a little stuck up bitch. Who wants to see a fing wedding when you can go to a big air contest in the summer. The biatch should have her reception party in the parking lot of the big air contest... hahha
DC
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Oct 02, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a gallery from the event:
http://www.dpcfilms.com/Photos.asp?cat=2

Some desktops as well:
http://www.dpcfilms.com/Downloads.asp#snow

enjoy
DPC

Mikey27
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Shreveport, LA

PostPosted: Oct 03, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never thought I would see the day that there would be snowboarding on the streets of San Fran. That is pretty sick. Wish I could have been there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Snowboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: