Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Advice appreciated on new setup...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
numbfoot
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Bigfork, Montana

PostPosted: Aug 23, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Advice appreciated on new setup... Reply with quote

Ok first off this isn't one of those "i weigh ___ pounds i'm ___ ft tall what board should i get?" threads. I'm doing my research, but i could always use more oppinions and info. So i'm going for a new setup this year... i used to ride a burton punch and i liked it. i think i'm goin for something that's pretty flexible... i'm 5'6 and 120 lbs and looking for something probably in the 150-154 range. I got the 06 transworld buyers guide and looked on the internet and came up with 16 boards i liked. I narrowed that 16 down to 11, which are red. I then took those 11 and found 4 that i liked the most. Now i am on to the check out in person and hopefully demo stages. But first i'd like your guys' oppinions. Here are the boards, and thanks in advance.

Oh crap my spreadsheet won't work on here... maybe i can find a way to attach it... so anyway... the 4 that i came down to are the Burton Dominant 150, CAPITA Shape Shifter 154, Forum JP walked 154, and the Nitro Team 152.

wakeboardertj wrote:
numbfoot, hahah you ruthless whore. blame it on the fat girl. Nice... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Blog Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
numbfoot
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Aug 23, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright i got it. so the 4 remaining are red and bold. the 11 are red. i took the boards w/ a waist smaller than 24 cuz i have big feet. i also took out the 155's... i think they'll be a bit bigger than i'd like. i took out the stiffest boards because i like to flex my stick every once in a while. and moneys not important... i've saved all summer for a new stick.

snowboard.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  87.14 KB
 Viewed:  4037 Time(s)

wakeboardertj wrote:
numbfoot, hahah you ruthless whore. blame it on the fat girl. Nice... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Blog Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
southshoresledder
Criminal
Criminal

City: meyers

PostPosted: Aug 23, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't go wrong with a burton... they are top dog and always will be
numbfoot
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Aug 23, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so basically i'm looking for people who have ridden some of these boards or who have more info on good/bad things about them.

wakeboardertj wrote:
southshoresledder
Criminal
Criminal

City: meyers

PostPosted: Aug 24, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahhaha my bad... um my bro has a jp but lasts year and he says its all park... if thats what you want then get that. But i have tried riding it, but i am 6'2 and that doesn't say much when i ride a 154... but anwyas i just thought it was alot more softer than any other board... i had the 158 wide peter line and the jp was way soft... good luck bro.. and sorry bout that one.
numbfoot
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Aug 24, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha no dude that's cool. thanks for the posts. i'm pretty into the soft thing. but i don't want it tooooooooo soft... i mean i need it kind of springy.... i want nice pop off kickers and everything.

wakeboardertj wrote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Snowboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: