Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

College Football
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Austin

PostPosted: May 15, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tech's new QB is Graham Harrell from Ennis. He'll be pretty salty - they ran a fast paced 4WR offense in HS and they went deep into the playoffs his senior year. I think I am going to go to the game in Lubbock this year. Crazy sh*t tends to happen in games up there and I've never been to a game at Tech. Plus, they have a ton of hot chicks in Lubbock.

OU's OL is HORRID, but AD is the best RB in the nation and Bomar is good when standing, despite his gigantic forehead. Problem is, their D is going to be nails. It will be real tough to score on them unless the injury bug bites them.

I don't see 9 Ws on y'alls schedule man....4 easy to start and then you have to win 5 out of 8 to close out. I don't know - if y'all get rolling I could see it. You do get Tech, OU and Nebraska at home. 9 Ws is going to be tough - and your biggest problem is that with 8 Ws - hell, probably even 7 - Fran stays. I know RC had to go b/c he was getting complacent, but Fran is killing that program slowly. I think you'll be able to run the ball and control clock, but score at will? Not exactly an aggy, or Fran, specialty. I like McGee - I think he'll be solid for the next couple of years. Put some recievers with him for more than a year and he'll be tough. I'd like to see Joey Thomas and Chad Schroeder catch a ton of balls this year - can't figure out why Franochio didn't play Schroeder more last year. Kid is nails.

I like college football a LOT better when aggy is good and T+1 means something. I kind of hope y'all suck so bad this year they fire Fran. I'm going to the Army game in San Antonio - my grandfather is USMA, June 43 and I go to all the Army games w/ him (UH, TCU). I want to make a shirt that says "Real Army vs. Fake Army" Laughing
Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Dallas

PostPosted: May 16, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quoting from the picture on my office wall:

"Give me an Army of West Point Graduates and I'll win a battle...

Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war"
-Gen. George S. Patton

Watching the military games should be fun this year. Like I've said I love the military past of A&M but a lot of the new corp guys are tools.. so I have mixed emotions on it..

jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: May 16, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just like ribbing them. NO ONE gets worked up like CTs!! Hell, my older brother was a CT.
B-rad
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: May 18, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JT has some aggie blood in the family....bahahahahahaha.....I'm so going rip you for that.

Caretaker of the offical AGB beer mug
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: May 18, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whole family is Big 12 - Dad went to OSU and then KU for grad....granddad went to OSU then OU for grad....bro went to aggy for both....other bro went to OU....sis went to CU...cousin went to TT...and I am the UTwannabe!
senorbueno
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: May 18, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I haven't been following Texas A&M too much this offseason, but 9-0 up until you play Oklahoma??? That would be pretty impressive (unless of course they do the same thing as the boys up in Lubbock do and play a couple of non conference games against some high school teams out in New Mexico). Who have the aggies picked up to make such a large improvement???

As far as Oklahoma goes... depending on how well our offensive line matures in our non conference schedule will dictate how well we do in the season...

We play Texas pretty early in Big XII play, which should be a helluva game.

We expect Bomar to play like he did at the end of last season.

Hope to see AD as a Heisman candidate (hopefully he can stay healthy) and we really need to get him the ball as much as possible.

Top recruits such as Gerald McCoy and DeMarco Murray should make an impact early (you guys have to see these players HS highlight videos, McCoy is very quick off the line, I hope to see him following likes of Tommy Harris)

Got great young receviers that proved they can do great things last season.

We've got the Big XII championship in our sites and have a strong possibility to get that BCS bid.
Rocko
Old School Freak
Old School Freak

City: Omaha

PostPosted: May 18, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jt09, no one wanted to be a Husker? Wink
Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: May 18, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

(unless of course they do the same thing as the boys up in Lubbock do and play a couple of non conference games against some high school teams out in New Mexico). Who have the aggies picked up to make such a large improvement???

You got it. We're playing cupcakes the first 4 games.

We're picking up experience, a new defense, and Michael Goodson, the best RB recruit in Texas (4th in the nation). Also picked up some key DBs and LBs.

jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: May 18, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocko, duh - of course not! Laughing
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: May 19, 2006 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a vid of the Big 12 Track & Field Championships for Charles and Robison. Listen for the "Holy Sh*t" about 1/2 way through the 200. Also, look how much he slows up at the end of the 200. Remember, this kid isn't a track guy who plays football - he's a football player running track! Shocked

http://stream.ihigh.com/links/texas/2006/05/2006_0517_TK.asx

Last edited by jt09 on May 19, 2006 6:08 am; edited 2 times in total
goofyboy
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Houston

PostPosted: May 19, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow. 20.89 and he was slowing down. he would have easily run sub 20 had he kept going. Too bad he didn't run the final.
Rocko
Old School Freak
Old School Freak

PostPosted: May 24, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://x.go.com/cgi/x.pl?goto=http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2456704&name=FPT-2456704-052417&srvc=sz
Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: May 24, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocko, I heard about that. Pathetic.
Rocko
Old School Freak
Old School Freak

PostPosted: May 24, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess to each their own, but I couldn't do it. No way.
goofyboy
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: May 24, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is really a sad person.
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: May 24, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prevailing theory is that it's Ramonce Taylor's and he hocking it to pay his legal fees.

Here's the e-bay link:http://cgi.ebay.com/TEXAS-LONGHORNS-2006-NATIONAL-CHAMPIONSHIP-RING_W0QQitemZ8815344548QQcategoryZ24621QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If you look at the ring and compare it to the pics I showed earlier, I believe some photoshopping has been done to hide the identity of the owner.

Apparently it's been listed twice and pulled from e-bay twice. http://meanhorn.blogspot.com/2006/05/wanna-buy-national-championship-ring.html

***If someone can show me how to shorten that link, I'd appreciate it - I've never been able to figure that out.***
derrick lenz
Addict
Addict

City: san antonio/ college station

PostPosted: May 25, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

don't see 9 Ws on y'alls schedule man....4 easy to start and then you have to win 5 out of 8 to close out. I don't know - if y'all get rolling I could see it. You do get Tech, OU and Nebraska at home. 9 Ws is going to be tough - and your biggest problem is that with 8 Ws - hell, probably even 7 - Fran stays. I know RC had to go b/c he was getting complacent, but Fran is killing that program slowly. I think you'll be able to run the ball and control clock, but score at will? Not exactly an aggy, or Fran, specialty. I like McGee - I think he'll be solid for the next couple of years. Put some recievers with him for more than a year and he'll be tough. I'd like to see Joey Thomas and Chad Schroeder catch a ton of balls this year - can't figure out why Franochio didn't play Schroeder more last year. Kid is nails.

well as far as i see it fran should get canned for anything less than 9 wins...

based on the schedule... 4-0 to start out and win kans, missou, ok st, and baylor gives us 8 wins. having learned my lesson over the last 4 yrs i won't pencil those in but that would leave us 4 games plus a bowl to win one more. i think it's doable.

here's what i expect for next year.

offense- rediculous running game. mcgee runs the option so much better than mcneal it's not even funny. i can't figure out why fran tried to make reggie a option qb. we've got a rock solid oline next year and a te that absolutly manhandles people. looking at the last 7 quarters vs OU and texas we were able to run the ball extremly effective against two great defenses. combine that with j lane, lewis (please let him sta healthy), and goodson and i feel good. tellus will catch around 45 balls and hopefully morrow or piere brown have a breakthrough year. i feel we'll be improved in the passing game. it really pained me to see reggie struggle last year. his decision making and accuracy sucked ass. the only thing i'm worried about is still having koening as our OC.

defense- this is where it gets tricky. our d line must play better. they've been under acheivers for a while it seems. move jack to dt and get harrington in more. anthony lewis will start next to warren by year end. i'm expecting danny gorer to play with more confidence and jordan peterson to be good also. can't wait to see devin gregg and alton dixon more.

if our D can rank in the 50's to 60s nationally i think we can win 10 based on our favorable schedule.
Rocko
Old School Freak
Old School Freak

PostPosted: Jun 03, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmmm, didn't see this coming. Laughing

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/ncaa/06/02/usc.sanchez.arrested.ap/index.html
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jun 04, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wakebrad wrote:
Michael Goodson, the best RB recruit in Texas

The story on this kid couldn't be more embarassing for aggy. He hasn't even graduated college and he's already enrolled at TAMU. There's a good chance he's going to pass bs classes in college and not graduate high school.

Rocko - welcome to last month sucka!!!
Rocko
Old School Freak
Old School Freak

PostPosted: Jun 04, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jt09, well I just found out about it, so bite me. Very Happy

Is this old news too? (just to show i'm not bias)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/ncaa/06/02/bc.fbc.ohio.solich.ap/index.html
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jun 04, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocko, nope - never heard that one! I need to get back to reading cnnsi on a regular basis.
Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jun 05, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

The story on this kid couldn't be more embarassing for aggy. He hasn't even graduated college and he's already enrolled at TAMU. There's a good chance he's going to pass bs classes in college and not graduate high school.

Yeah, I'm always embarrassed when the top RB in the state commits to my school after being heavily sought by USC..

As for the schooling I'm sure they will do what needs to be done to get that worked out. I haven't seen any bad press on it so I'm not sure where the embarrassment comes from. It's not like it was broadcast around the country like VY's Wonderlic results.

jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jun 05, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wakebrad, there's no question he's a stud. Not in the least. It is embarassing that your school admitted him before he even finished high school. And not because he was in the TAG/AP program. You don't find that embarassing? TAMU's a good school - they shouldn't be pulling crap like this just to get an athlete.

It isn't national news because he's still in high school. Those who follow college football closely know about it - how do you think I found out about it?

Quote:
Despite reports to the contrary, Rivals.com has learned that top running back recruit Michael Goodson has enrolled at Texas A&M. Goodson has been admitted to Texas A&M on a provisional basis.

Rivals.com has also learned that Goodson still must clear two hurdles before he is allowed to suit up for the Aggies' football team this fall.

The first hurdle? He has yet to be cleared by the NCAA Clearinghouse. Second, Goodson has yet to graduate from Klein Collins High School.

Quote:
However, the high school graduation issue remains more unclear.

Sources say it could be resolved favorably for Goodson sometime this week or next, in which case he could remain at Texas A&M. Otherwise, he may have to take summer school classes to graduate and it's uncertain whether he would be allowed to remain at A&M in the interim and take both high school and college classes simultaneously.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=548789

Clearing house issue is nothing. Not graduating HS, but being admitted to school simply because you are a great athlete is wrong. You can't really tell me you are OK with this can you?

And the whole Wonderlick thing really hurt VY, huh? Dusty "I beat my friend's head in with a baseball bat and got a medical redshirt for being an alcoholic" Dvorcak was the high scorer on the Wonderlick this year. I give it TONS of credit. (Although I still think I could score 40+ on it Wink )
Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jun 05, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jt09, I'm talking about hurting Texas's rep. That guy got through 4 years of college there and still scored in the single digits? Not that Texas is a bad school but that's bad press.

I'm not worried about A&M's academic requirement. Obviously he's not going to get in without a high school degree or working out a respective deal. Most people get accepted to college before the graduate high school. I got my acceptance letter with a semester left of HS. This is embarrassing for Goodson for not getting his crap taken care of, but not A&M. It looks like a couple of our JUCO recruits aren't going to make it in. We don't just let our athletes slide by.

derrick lenz
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jun 05, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

TAMU's a good school - they shouldn't be pulling crap like this just to get an athlete.

shouldn't be pulling crap like that? what crap? half these kids would never get into school's like A&M and Texas if they weren't athletes so who cares if they get in provisionally. face it, athletes get preferential treatment at EVERY school. the kid NEVER had any problems with academically until his last semester. he got lazy in his last semester of high school and apparantly failed a class or something to the effect. he took the test, passed the class, and is now enrolled here. also you don't even know if he's taking class. a lot of kids take summer 2 not 1.
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2006 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

derrick lenz, from his recruiting history it looks like (read: has the appearance of) OkSt was getting cold feet due to his academic issues and aTm told him they'd get him in if he switched trains. Not saying that's what happened, but it looks as if that's a fairly strong possibility.

I think it will all get ironed out, but it still LOOKS shady. Perhaps "embarassing" was a bit strong worded, but I still think it shouldn't happen at places like UT and aTm - it's not like Jackie is back on the sidelines over there.

I'd pray to the clearinghouse gods though, Aaron Ross at UT and David Gettis both had to wait at least a year to go to school because of the clearinghouse - which is the worst bearuacratic nightmare the NCAA ever dreamed up.
oshensurfer
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jt09,
Well, all I can say is that we always needed help in the recruiting side of things so.. Razz

I've got maroon glasses on, but I don't see that this is that big of a deal. It may just be my perception but, it always seems to me that the press and announcing during nationally televised games always downs on A&M and spins stories like this as a big hoodaa when its just a semantical way to gain a good recruit. Is this tactic illegal? I don't think so. "Provisional" is the key word. I was provisionally accepted into A&M too before I graduated. EVERYONE is.

goofyboy
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you are provesionally accepted, then you should be allowed to dress out with the team. How is he in his high school classes when he is out on the football field? If you miss more than 3 days (unexcused) from class you are truant. I am really curious how this works?
oshensurfer

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goofyboy,
Out on the football field??? Question

Quote:
Rivals.com has also learned that Goodson still must clear two hurdles before he is allowed to suit up for the Aggies' football team this fall.

I don't think he's working out with them yet.

jt09, Do you know?

goofyboy
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah. i miss read. that would answer my question. Thanks!
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goofyboy, check your calendar! It's the beginning of summer. No one can practice in the summer and freshman can't join the team until August. Goodson will not be able to join the team until he 1. graduates HS and 2. is cleared by the NCAA Clearinghouse.

As I said earlier, the clearinghouse is a b*tch. It can hold you out for as long as it wants - Aaron Ross at UT was out for 2 full years before joining the team as a 20 yr old freshman - and he had his stuff taken care of by the fall of what should have been his freshman year!

I'll look into DL's claim that Goodson has completed his HS work.

I'll say this - once he gets on the field, aggy's going to have a pretty sick backfield...as long as they don't try running the option like they did at the end of the season too often. McGee is a good QB IMO, but isn't big enough or elusive enough to keep from getting Bomared on a consistent basis. Poor kid won't make it to the OU game if Fran goes that direction.
derrick lenz
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think we'll run some option but not as much as you saw vs. OU and texas. we did a lot b/c of mcgee's inexperience. however i expect to see mcgee with about 10 carries a game. but it's kinda a shame b/c mcgee runs the option so damn perfect.

another note- word is malcom willams (badass a&m decomitt) failed the TAKS, OU is at the scholly limit, and he wan't be able to enroll until january. how's that for karma.

also osu never stopped recruiting until the very last day (goodson)
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2006 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

derrick lenz wrote:
mcgee runs the option so damn perfect.

No, McGee is a VERY smart player who pitches the ball well and makes good decisions is what you mean to say. He'd be perfect if he could keep himself from getting killed by LBs 2x his size. He's pretty damn good at running it, as seen against UT, but it almost killed him. I'm honestly afraid for him if Fran runs the option too much this year. He's one of the guys aggy got that I wanted.
derrick lenz
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

No, McGee is a VERY smart player who pitches the ball well and makes good decisions is what you mean to say.

No, i meant what i said. being a very smart player and pitching the ball well and making good decisions is the perfect option qb. it's his running style, not the way he runs the option which is and should be of concern.
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

derrick lenz, you don't see his lack of abilty to escape a hit as a concern for an option QB?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 43 of 44

Add To Favorites

Jump to: