Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

College Football
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eeven73
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: Halfway

PostPosted: Apr 13, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

back the f up!

I said that I should have made the disclaimer, not that YOU should have.

What does info about me have to do with anything? The context of your first post about "bling" lead me to make the assumption of the scenerio.

goofyboy
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Houston

PostPosted: Apr 14, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, 3rd or 4th string back up TE for UT has ended up being the starter and doing damn good. The rings look awsome. Thanks for sharing, JT.
Lindsay
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: NYC

PostPosted: Apr 16, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who knows anything about college football knows that roster depth can be the difference between a BCS bowl and the San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl.

AFAIK, everybody who contributed to the team over the year gets a ring as recognition for that contribution. That includes backup players, equipment managers, etc.

And to add to something much further up thread...

scott a wrote:
now i know that these arent all exactly BCS-caliber games, but...

cal opens with tennessee then plays minnesota (on ABC)
USC, UCLA, stanford all play ND.
USC also plays nebraska.
oregon has oklahoma and boise st.

should make for an interesting pre-season for pac 10...

Don't forget Wazzu opens @ Auburn this year. Yours truly plus 5 sorority sisters will be there. We're going to fly into Atlanta and rent an RV for the weekend. Should be a blast, can't wait to attend my first SEC game, and maybe the Cougs will shock the world. A girl can dream Smile
eeven73

City: Halfway

PostPosted: Apr 17, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

AFAIK, everybody who contributed to the team over the year gets a ring as recognition for that contribution. That includes backup players, equipment managers, etc.

Thats all well and good. But if you take photos of your Bling to share with the world you better have contributed a hell of a lot.

senorbueno
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 17, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeven73, Rolling Eyes

JT, thanks for sharing those photos... I can't wait until the Sooners get our rings for 06/07 Twisted Evil

(alright, alright, I'm blinded by the crimson goggles.
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Austin

PostPosted: Apr 18, 2006 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

senorbueno, for the first time in a long time ( well, in about 6 years! ), I'm actually feeling pretty cocky going tinto this year's RRS! What's up w/ y'alls OL??? I think AD is the best RB in the nation hands down and I'm one of the few Horn fans who thinks Bomar is pretty good. Unfortunately for you guys, I think the defections and injuries on the OL aren't going to allow either of those guys to flourish and AD is gone after this season no matter what.
Jeff206
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Apr 18, 2006 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lindsay, GO COUGS! I might be headed to that game also. I'll be back next semester taking like 9 credits to wrap things up, so I'll have a lot of free time.
Jeff206
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Apr 18, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also speaking of rings, my roommate and high school was like the third string long snapper our freshman year when we went to the rose bowl so he has rose bowl and pac-10 champ rings Laughing same goes for another one of my roommates who was an equipment manager
E.J.
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Mogadishu

PostPosted: Apr 18, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeven73 wrote:
Quote:

That's all well and good. But if you take photos of your Bling to share with the world you better have contributed a hell of a lot.

Everyone on the team contributes....from the starting QB to the 4th string D-lineman.....to the equipment managers. The team cannot function as a team without everyone on board and helping out. Where would we be without a scout team....???

So I assume by your comments that someone maybe could get a ring if the stars align right, but keep it under wraps....don't show anyone.....because you were not a star. Only stars can show their bling in public?

I don't understand that thinking.... But I guess everyone can have an opinion..... Confused
E.J.
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Mogadishu

PostPosted: Apr 18, 2006 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh...and jt09 thanks for the photo, good stuff....
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 18, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries. Apparently 73 hasn't gotten it through his head that the player who took the pics emailed them to a couple of friends, and those friends are the one who put them on the internet - not the player. Either that or he thinks I am a benchwarming TE for the Longhorns! Mr. Green
Dragonlady8
Black Widow
Black Widow

PostPosted: Apr 25, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Assistant AD has been out in the sun too long Rolling Eyes

Quote:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/local/orl-ucf2506apr25,0,3779180.story?coll=orl-sports-headlines
UCF wants Texas in '07
The powerful Longhorns could help the Knights open their new stadium in a game on ESPN.
Kyle Hightower
Sentinel Staff Writer
April 25, 2006

They say everything is bigger in Texas, especially college football. Well, if everything goes right, Orlando and UCF could be getting a bite of that national spotlight soon.

UCF assistant athletic director John Marini confirmed talks are under way between UCF and Texas for future football games. The 2007 game would be in Orlando -- the first game in UCF's new on-campus stadium -- and would be televised by ESPN. In return, UCF would play two games at Texas later this decade.

Coach George O'Leary was at a charity golf event Monday and was unavailable for comment, as was Athletic Director Steve Orsini.

O'Leary unveiled the possibility Friday to those in attendance at the kickoff event of his 2006 summer coaches tour at UCF's on-campus Fairwinds Alumni Center.

UCF currently has signed contracts to play non-conference games against Florida, Middle Tennessee and Louisiana-Lafayette in 2007. A game at Tennessee is expected to be bought out, and the continuation of the USF series remains up in the air. A game with Texas would seem to be a replacement for the lost game against the Volunteers.

Rocko
Old School Freak
Old School Freak

City: Omaha

PostPosted: Apr 27, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2423430
Dpierce37
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 27, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocko, USC is going into the gutter....you got Bush about to lose a Heisman, QB now charged with sexual assult...and I know there is somehting else, I just can't think of it....sounds like Miami!
Old School Freak
Old School Freak

PostPosted: Apr 27, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dpierce37, their starting QB (Booty) just had back surgery and won't be 100%. And you know Sanchez at best will be suspended for the first 1/2 of the season or something. Laughing
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 27, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragonlady8, that's win/win for everyone involved. UT will get great recruiting coverage in one of the top 3 HS football states, a nice upgrade from the North Texas/ULaLa/New Mexico St/Sam Houston St OOS games, UCF gets good recruiting coverage and a nice fat paycheck - plus they could be the spoiler to knock off a top 5 team early on in the season. Plus Dpierce37 and I will come stay on your couch for the Orlando game - see, everybody WINS!!!! How happy could you be?!?!?

USC is having a rough little stretch, huh? They are screwed if Sanchez is found guilty (IF). Little early to say what's going to happen there, but Pete will have to pull a sick miracle to win with Michael McDonald even with the studs everywhere else. Any of you SoCal guys know what's going on over there? Contingency plan at QB? I'd guess JuCo - top 5 private school can pretty much pick from the best in that arena.

BTW - I watched the Rose Bowl DVD the other day (my cable was out). Made me even more pumped about UT winning because USC was so f*ing good. The more I watch that game, the more impressed I am with USC, and thus, that much more pumped about beating them. I hope Leinart goes to the Jets on Sat and becomes Joe Namath there. I also hope Lendale gets his act together and rolls people.
Dragonlady8
Black Widow
Black Widow

PostPosted: May 10, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Jt09 I guess I'm going to have to pick you and D$ up from the airport.
You'll have to get your tickets on your own though.

Quote:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/local/orl-ucftexas1006may10,0,6672168.story?track=mostemailedlink

UCF VS. TEXAS

UCF, Texas make series official
The football teamswill play 3 times starting in September of '07 at UCF's new stadium.

May 10, 2006

Dirt has still yet to be turned up for its new, on-campus 45,000-seat football stadium, but UCF has already secured its first guest.

What was just "talks" two weeks ago was etched in ink Tuesday with the announcement that a letter of agreement for a three-game series with defending national champion Texas had been signed.

The first game will be played in Orlando on Sept. 15, 2007, the date of the first scheduled game in the Golden Knights' new stadium. The remaining two games of the contract will be played in Austin, Texas, on Sept. 19, 2009 and Sept. 24, 2011.

The 2007 game is tentatively set to be televised on ESPN. "It is a terrific opportunity to play a great football team in the opening of our new football stadium on-campus," Coach George O'Leary said in a release.

UCF has contracts to play non-conference games at Florida and to host Middle Tennessee and Louisiana-Lafayette in 2007. A game at Tennessee that would have netted a $500,000 guarantee is expected to be bought out. The South Florida series remains up in the air.

jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: May 10, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah - just saw that yesterday. Looks like Ole Miss is the big dog for OOS in '07 and '08 or '08 and '09. This makes me very happy! I think I may make a week out of the UCF game - my bday is the week after and I bet I could get in a day camp or two. My best friend from 10th grade and his folks live in Orlando too. I'm in fo sho!
BR_WB
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: May 10, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Looks like Ole Miss is the big dog for OOS in '07 and '08 or '08 and '09.

Hell Yea - I should still be in school here until '08 considering how my studying for finals has been going this week Laughing Look for #34, it's my sister's boyfriend.
BR_WB
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: May 10, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"The university takes charges of sexual assault seriously," Michael Jackson, USC vice president of student affairs, said in a statement. "Depending on the facts as established by the LAPD, we will determine the appropriate action. In the interim, the student will be placed on interim suspension while the case is pending."

Laughing
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: May 10, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brad ruleman, the UT boards have already conceded we don't give a stuff who wins - the general concensus is that this will be a win/win situation for all involved as two universities renowned for their talent OFF the field are coming together (pun intended) in a giant drunken hottie fest centered around a silly game. I think that will be our RV trip!
BR_WB
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: May 10, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jt09,

You should come up to Oxford next season. I don't know if you have experienced The Grove at Ole Miss before before but it is nothing short of amazing. Even though you are from Texas I'm sure you would be very impressed by the talent we have here.
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: May 10, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I'm sayin my friend. I've experienced Ole Miss hotties in NOLA during Mardi Gras back when I was in school. I'm a big fan!
Rocko
Old School Freak
Old School Freak

PostPosted: May 14, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://x.go.com/cgi/x.pl?goto=http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2444916&name=FPT-2444916-051417&srvc=sz

Very Happy
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: May 14, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've been holding our breath on this kid ever since he got to campus. He's got Bush level electricity, but sh*t for brains. He's actually not even on the team right now...and I doubt he ever will be again.
atx_wakegirl_amy
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: May 14, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the ring that is mostly orange with the bevo in the middle is last years rose bowl ring and the other is the big 12 ring
Dpierce37
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: May 15, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocko, got this from http://216.69.173.198/forums/showthread.php?t=15778

There was something posted by Romance's sister..

Quote:
re: ramonce taylor People this is rt sister he was at a party and the people said niggers was not allowed they proceed to jump him and busted n vandalize his truck he went to the local store to call police and they came they ask if they could search he said they found the weed n a back pack where the window was busted. So please keep us n ur prayers cause it was a set up.

Hope this is true.... Crying or Very sad

Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: May 15, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dpierce37, it doesn't really matter what happens legally - Mack isn't bringing him back now. He was a known risk when he was recruited and he's already stumbled twice (the 6th St incident w/ Ced Griffin last Dec and grades). Mack booted him from the team after the Rose Bowl and told him he would have to "get his life straight" in order to come back. Even if it isn't his weed, he won't ever wear burnt orange again. Hell, he's still in jail and had a final this morning.

From the news coming out, it is certainly odd that someone would call the cops to report vandalsim if they had 5lbs of weed with them. Rumor is that it belongs of the passengers. Still, if I'm carrying 5lbs of weed around and my bud decides to call the cops, we're going to have to have a little chit-chat before that call gets made.

On the bright side, Jamal Charles won the Big 12 100m this weekend. Not bad for your starting tailback to also be the fastest man in the conference. Brian Robison also won the shot put. Those guys are racking up rings!

edit: Robison won the discus as well. Kid has a Big 12 football championship, a football MNC, 2 individual Big 12 T&F Championships and a team Big 12 T&F championship with Nat'ls still coming. Boy's had a hell of a year!

Last edited by jt09 on May 15, 2006 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Dpierce37
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: May 15, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JC is a bright light in our future! I see Heisman top 3 this year. Mr. Green
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Dallas

PostPosted: May 15, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think Texas' performance next year will look like? They lose quite a bit of talent but have a great recruiting class coming in. The QB situation is obviously a big question mark but do you think they can maintain the same intensity they had last year without VY?

I can see them dropping a few games this year.

Dpierce37
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: May 15, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wakebrad, yea..I think it's wishfull thinking they go undefeated this year...if there is one loss this season, it's against OSU...if there were two, please for the love of GOD don't make it be the sooners... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Houston

PostPosted: May 15, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

or the ags... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Dpierce37
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: May 15, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goofyboy, somethings I am not even worried about! HAHAHA
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: May 15, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wakebrad, I think UT still has a BCS game in them. Not the title game most likely though.

Key loss is at QB - Jevan Snead will fit nicely there without tinkering with the system too much. He's an athletic QB who runs very well, but VY he's not.

No real losses on the OL - UT played 8 on the line last year so even Scott won't be missed too much. Blalock is a Playboy AA w/ Studdard and Sendlein back.

No losses at skill posistions except Ramonce - which is HUGE, but almost a luxury considering the depth at RB and WR right now. His loss will hurt on ST more than offense.

DL will be better this year - Rod Wright is gone but Okam is a Playboy AA and the quality depth on the DL is sick.

LB will be better BECAUSE Aaron Harris is gone. The sooner Sergio Kindle comes around the sooner the world gets to see the next great college LB. He's going to be NASTY.

DB - Huff and Griffin hurt lots, but Michael Griffin is a GREAT strong safety and his twin Marcus or Matt Melton will play free. CB is solid - Tarrell Brown and Aaron Ross are both Seniors who have been playing since they were freshman.

I think there's a loss out there for us. You only go undefeated when you have great talent AND everything breaks right for you. It's too much to ask Jevan Snead to go undefeated as a freshman. I see it either in wk 2 vs tOSU (although they have to replace 9 starters on D) or OU (who's OL is still atrocious). tOSU will be VERY talented on O - if Tressel opens it up (read:passes 3+ times), they could win in Austin. If OU's D comes to play, they could win easily - especially if UT's fumblitis hasn't been cured. OU's D is going to be sick this year. The RRS will be a D lovers wet dream.
Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Dallas

PostPosted: May 15, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jt09, you guys are playing itt tech away next year. They've got a new QB but have the potential to have a great season.

OU's Oline is getting destroyed. I don't see them being a powerhouse this year. IMO, this is when they start to fade back from the top of the chart. I can see Stoops jumping to the NFL in the next couple years. The NFL needs some new blood.

This is the tell tale year for A&M. If we don't win 9 games Fran needs to get the boot. Our Big ? is the defense this year. With the RB combination we have I expect to be able to control the clock and score at will. Hopefully the D can pick up the new 4-2-5 defensive scheme quickly and get the Wrecking Crew back in place. If not we're in trouble. If we can beat tech in game 4 I think we go 9-0 into OU.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 42 of 44

Add To Favorites

Jump to: