Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

What is wrong with Pyle Audio

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blucrane

City: Sandton,South Africa

PostPosted: Jul 29, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: What is wrong with Pyle Audio Reply with quote

Plse help. I'm in South Africa and choices are limited and unreal expensive. Picked up a website where I can get Pyle headunit, 2* 1000w amps, 6*9's and tower speakers for about $650. Most places just tower speakers are around $350 on their own. Question
kswakeboarder
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: KC metro

PostPosted: Jul 29, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are cheap and for a boat would be ok i think... i think it is crazy these guy that have 2k on a system in a boat that gets used 3 or 4 times a week for 5 months (the most) out of the year.
the only thing i would watch is to much power for your speakers. never turn you head unit over 2/3 or 3/4 power, do not trun your bass up on your head deck past 1/2 over 0 or flat. use x-overs on your highs and subs. set your gains on your amps around the 1/2 to 2/3 power.
most probs with audio is to low of wattage in a amp so you trun the head units up all the way and speakers get distorted...
one of the best amps i had (for the price) was a 600w legecy (cost $100 new) i ran one 15 and 4 highs with it and worked great.
blucrane

City: Sandton,South Africa

PostPosted: Jul 29, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for advise. What also attracted me to the Pyle setup was that it is "marine" equipment. Up to now I've been going through two "car" head units a season, as when boat cover is on during the week its sweats due to floors being wet from pumping sacks etc. Couple of months and FUBAR another unit.
ballywho
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jul 31, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, i dont know what you're talking about but this was the first thing that came to mind. They're a pyle of sh*t

Last edited by ballywho on Feb 26, 2009 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
GuitsBoy
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Long Island

PostPosted: Aug 02, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats wrong with pyle? A lot.

Theyre very cheap, and highly over rated in terms of power output. They distort easily and have poor sound reproduction. But unfotunately theres not a [considerably] better alternative for similar price.

If it were me, Id save up till I could buy a hifonics or kicker from ebay. Youre money is better spent if you buy high quality amps and then build some DIY component speakers. Go to some of the car audio forums online and theres plenty of info on building DIY components out of raw drivers for relatively dirt cheap. In my little borthers car I built four 6.5" components with soft dome tweeters and wired up our own x-overs for under $80.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Accessories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: