Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

anybody bought the monster tower speakers? please comment

View previous topic :: View next topic  
billymac

City: seattle

PostPosted: Jul 28, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: anybody bought the monster tower speakers? please comment Reply with quote

want to buy some tower speakers

looking at the monsters because i bought a monster tower and bimini

the polks look pretty nice i think

just wondering how they would sound

right now, i just have a 4-channel 60-watt amp and they recommend a 100-watt 4-channel, so i'd probably have to buy a new amp. i'm using 2 channels for my sub and 2 for my stock jbl's

i was also looking at the infinity 6100m, but i don't like the looks of the speakers really
gilby00
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Sparks

PostPosted: Jul 28, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the polk single barrell, they sound really good. I have 3 10's under the bow and 4 6' two on dash and two in the side rear panels. I am running 800 and 500 watt amp, I actually spliced the polk tower speakers into the two from 6' they were just too loud, draw a little power off them, but the polks sound good, good mid range and high, i'd buy them again, price wise not bad either $400 for the pair. easy to install too
billymac

City: seattle

PostPosted: Jul 28, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply

i have just a 10" sub and my two stock 5" JBL's powered by a 4-channel soundstream amp. do you think i could live with just two single barrel? or should i spring for two double barrel. see the thing is, i've got to probably buy another amp (hopefully, they can fit it in). if i do, can you recommend a size. i'd like to keep what i've currently got installed, otherwise, i'll have to buy a larger amp to handle everything i guess. or i could run the two stock jbl's off the head unit and power the sub and double's off of the amp. do you know if the double's take 4 pair, or just two? thanks again for reply
gilby00
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Sparks

PostPosted: Jul 29, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well what ampage is the jbl is putting out. first thing if you do get a second which is always a good idea. better to have more watts and keep from turning up the stereo, and having to little watt and having to crank volume and distort speakers which would kill them. I'm happy with the single barrell, but having a double is your call. I would go with single and maybe add a couple of 5''s in the back or on the dash. Don't know what kind of boat you have or how it's set up.
gchapman

City: Houston

PostPosted: Aug 02, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the double's and I am pushing 4x80 rms to get required sound. I also have the litttle 5 inch stock running off of the head unit. I am not sure that with the additional sub on the amp if you will get enought power to push the doubles. If you mean 4 diff. pairs of speaker wires; then yes there are 4 separate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Accessories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: