Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

New Gear?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jason_ssr
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Dallas, Tx

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: New Gear? Reply with quote

Any of you guys getting new gear? lots of new stuff to consider in the coming months? Tried any of the new flat kites coming out? looks great for boosting, but I dont know about unhooked wakestyle stuff.

LF has the M-80s coming out as well.

Best Hellfish, anyone tried one yet?

My avatar is NOT a pic of me! HAHA!
h2oslider
Criminal
Criminal

City: Austin, TX and Greneda, West Indies

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I defintely have my eye on that M-80. Sounds like from the guys who have ridden it that it is going to be pretty sick for wake style stuff. However I may be tempted to round ut my quiver with a few more Spectrum 2's. Although I'm kind of partial to that kite, I got to finally fly it this weekend down in Corpus Christi at Packery Channel. Turns pretty darn quick, better than last years for sure and the pull seemed a bit more solid.

I defintley have my eye on the crossbow and nova but I am going to wait a while to see how those turn out. I need to see someone on a 12m crossbow throw down wakestyle while everyone else is out on 9's and 10's before I buy one.

Just my thoughts. Oh yeah, my unions showed up today. I'll be givin them a spin tomorrow down at the coast. I let you know how it turns out when I'm done.

Paul
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
jason_ssr
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jul 27, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet!!! Going to the coast today?? How was Corpus, was the wind worth going? We looked at the forecast and couldnt justify going for one day. Break out the roll 2 blind? How did she do riding?

Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Wilmington, Delaware

PostPosted: Jul 29, 2005 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jason_ssr,

I am going to wait for that new Nemi with the bladderless struts. That seems like a move.

I need a board, I like the best boards, but,,,, what about those guys from TX. I can't remember that guys name I met last week,,,, SHould I get a production board or a custom?

jason_ssr
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jul 29, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would get a prod board because you dont know what you like yet. Once you know what to like then have them customize one for you. Custom are expensive.

New Nemi's looks sweet, but I dont know about the whole "flat kite" fad. it will probably be good for boosting but for people who do wakestyle tricks is is going to be soft. unhooked stuff will be difficult becuas eof the power surge riding at full power. Its a tradeoff. I wonder if they will make a bladderless Hellfish?

h2oslider
Criminal
Criminal

City: Austin, TX and Greneda, West Indies

PostPosted: Jul 29, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the unions rock! Mine are just a bit too big right now. I have a size 9 shoe and got the larges but I may need to get the mediums. I really like how easy they are to get in and out of. Plus the plates seem like I can get a wider stance than I was using on my 04 alphas.

I'm going to look at tightening them up a little bit but I may be selling these if I can't.

Paul
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
tommyadrian5
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jul 30, 2005 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not to sure about the fish, given the reviews it seems like it was a whole lot of hype for a little bit of improvement.

I think best went a little overboard claiming the fish would make all other kites obsolete. I think it is more of a stepping stone in the right direction kite development rather than a giant leap. There are definitely some aspects to the kite that make certain aspects of its ride and such better than traditional kites, but some aspects that are definitely questionable.

I also question bests decision to sell fish before really testing them, any color as long as its chrome...oops, we meant white. And this whole exploding kite thing, one group says it folds when it crashes, best says blow it up to 10-12 psi, then the same group comes back with exploded fish.

For now i'm sticking to my best bfk, slingy, and caution quiver. I would like to ride a Fish, but there's no way i'm shelling over $1500 for a kite that i haven't heard anything great about.

Also would like to see the nova and crossbow in action, but nobody here distributes takoon and the cabbie dealer is a little slow to market.

Crossbow looks pretty hot imho.

Mark Shin - Crossbow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Kiteboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: