Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Tower speakers... INTERFERENCE?!?!?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gdillyfunk69
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Jacksonville

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Tower speakers... INTERFERENCE?!?!?! Reply with quote

Hey how come on my tower speakers, it is picking up the sound of any electronic devices. Like when hte engine is on it picks up a loud whining (probably from fuel pump), if you hit the bildge it makes a noise, and any other thing that is elecronic it starts to make a high pithched sound. Please let me know. Heres what I have runnig in the boat right now: Power cable and ground cable hooked to the battery. they run up to the front of the boat to where the pluf into a battery capicator and then split into 2 amps, a 1000 and a 600. The 1000 is a 4 channel amp and we have 2 channels per each side of the tower speakers. The 600 watt amp is going directly to the sub. The RCA cable goes from the head unit, to a pliter which splits it 3 ways. Two go to the 1000 watt amp and one goes to the 600 watt amp. All the amps and spliters and capciters are on a board which we attatch to the inside of the hull. Heres the really wierd part, if I disconnect the rca's from the subs amp, then the tower speakers work fine but I have no sub.
Thanks for any help.
CHris
FLyGuYy03

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

possibly bad ground? Take that ground and dont ground it to the battery, take it to a bare peice of metal, that would be my only guess bro.
OUwakeboarder
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Moore/Norman

PostPosted: Jul 14, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either move your speaker wires away from all other wires or get a ground loop isolator from any audio shop.
kmagnuss
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Sarasota, FL

PostPosted: Jul 14, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

move your rca cables away from your power wires. Improve your ground. Get a ground loop isolator.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: