Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

skyrack experience

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pelle

PostPosted: Jun 21, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: skyrack experience Reply with quote

Someone who have good or bad experiences with the skyrack from skylon? I 'm thinking of buying one but i'm afraid i gonna slam my head against the boards everytime i get up behind the steeringwheel. I have searched on the internet to get a decend photo of the combination, skylon pole with the skyrack, mounted on a boat so i get a impression of how high it is. I even have send a e-mail to skylon for some pictures, but they havent any. Can please someone give me a impression? Or picture?
Efox
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Lawrenceburg

PostPosted: Jun 23, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A guy I ride with has one. It is nice getting the boards off the floor in the DD boat. Some observations though, it the rope tends to catch on the boards...particularly my Byerly!!! Also, it can be twisted around the pole sometimes, so you are having to watch that. I haven't seen anyone whack their melon on it yet, but the again it's new and we're all pretty aware it is there.

Eric

bremsen
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Charlotte

PostPosted: Jun 23, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Brother has one on his dd. Never hit my head on it (I'm 6'1") and never had any problem with the rope getting caught on boards....at least not while riding.

The only issues are the rack tends to twist on the pole and needs perodic "straightening" and its kinda tough to get the bungies over two boards at once. With a trip 143 and his board on the rack at the same time it takes some muscling to get it to latch. His is about 4 years old though so maybe some of this has changed.

Sorry I don't think I have any pictures of it.

Pelle

PostPosted: Jun 24, 2005 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, but ive ordered a monster tower. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Accessories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: