Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

tower installation on 87 Supra Sunsport

View previous topic :: View next topic  
barnes1

City: Virginia Beach

PostPosted: Jun 12, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: tower installation on 87 Supra Sunsport Reply with quote

I'm trying to install a big air pylon tower on my 87 supra sunsport, I''m having some difficulty trying to decide where I should mount the front legs. I'm also wondering if anyone can tell me how I can get to the bolt from the inside of the boat? It seems if I drill the hole from the outside their is a 2" gap from the outside of the boat to the inside. Any thoughts?
Powaman
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: escanaba

PostPosted: Jun 14, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics?
flatwater

City: Vancouver , BC Canada

PostPosted: Jun 14, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not entirely sure about 1987 but on a 90 and 99 Sunsport you can access the front area from underneath or through the engine intakes. As for the rear legs because Supra has the double sidewall construction you will need to drill a hole through the inside wall which will get covered by the panel. The speakers need to be removed before pulling the finished panels off. Make sure you drill in reverse for all bolt holes and chamfer all of them as well. Good luck
wesgardner
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Severna Park

PostPosted: Jun 15, 2005 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey barnes1,

If there is a "gap" as I understand it, this is an inner "liner". This has NO compressive strength - you'll need to penetrate it with a bigger hole so you can get DIRECTLY to the underside of the deck. Make sure you're only cutting what you think you're cutting and NOT wiring harness!!

As Powaman, says, pics will help here...

Wes

barnes1

City: Virginia Beach

PostPosted: Jun 15, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wesgardner and flatwater, thanks for the input. Your replies answerd my question. Flatwater you answer the main question I had and that was how I accessed the bolt(s) when I mount the supports from the outside. Thanks again for the input, I would have sent pictures but I didn't have any at the time I will send pictures of the end result.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Accessories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: