Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

DIY Fiberglass tower speakers?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wallrat
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Huntington Beach

PostPosted: Jun 08, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: DIY Fiberglass tower speakers? Reply with quote

Anybody done it?

I'm currently building my own tower and am checking up on speaker options. I could easily make some tubes out of aluminum but I kinda think that it'd be more interesting to have some shape to em. If I went with glass I could cut a couple of MDF rings for the speakers and the opposite wall, brace the two with dowels, and add anykind of shape I want. After that I just stretch a tshirt over the whole thing and tack it down tight with some crazy glue. Lay the epoxy/glass on top of the tshirt and sand/paint the whole thing. I would think that the MDF/glass would give a better sound than aluminum as well as looking less bazooka-ish. Also, for the guys with aluminum cans, are you lining the inside with dynamat or something? Seems like the aluminum would have some weird resonance going on.

dschock
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Bellevue

PostPosted: Jun 09, 2005 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw this on wakeworld a couple days ago. Pretty sick. http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/232459.html?1118292284
karkid
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Tempe

PostPosted: Jun 14, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would work fine but i would do more than just a single layer of t shirt

i like to wrap in fleece because it makes a really smooth, sandable surface. then from the inside add a couple layers of mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> DIY Projects All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: