Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

The Pod pylon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
willbjew123

PostPosted: May 04, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: The Pod pylon Reply with quote

Ok i have been boarding for a couple of years and starting to get serious. I usally go on friends boats but i would like to start using mine. Its a 17ft keywest ourboard with a 90 yamaha. I would like to put the Pod pylon in it but am a little skeptial. First off the base is said to mount flush. does that mean i will have to cut the deck up in a 6 inch square. or does it just bolt down. And what type of hardware does it mount with and what is the difficulty. also how long are the joist supports that go from the pylon to the rear of the boat. and can these be mounted at any angle. Is this a nice system. my biggest fear is having too much stress on it and the boat and something ripping up. So anyone have any experrense with this. and how tall is it. and how long will it take to install
jjcard41

City: Bourbonnais

PostPosted: May 04, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a boat shop near by? They could answer some of your questions with perfection. Always buy stainless steel hardware when doing anything on a boat. More expensive? Yes, but it's worth it
willbjew123

PostPosted: May 04, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i am not really worried about the deck. but if i can find someone that has had one that can give me the brave are lengths so i can figure out even if it will fit my boat. Cause if the brace arms fits the length i need then i wont have much of a problem b/c it will be pushing againist solid tanson but i need to know the length. or a home page to email the company.
willbjew123

PostPosted: May 04, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Help.... guys
willbjew123

PostPosted: May 05, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP
ExtremeMarine
Criminal
Criminal

City: Twinsburg

PostPosted: May 11, 2005 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

willbjew123

Here is a photo of our TriJac Universal Pylon. It will work with your style boat. Shoot me a call or email and I can answer all of your questions and get you going for this season. 1-877-3-Get-Air info@xmpinc.com

wesgardner
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Severna Park

PostPosted: May 11, 2005 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey willbjew123,

Not to offend builders of pylons with aft facing struts, but it seems as if you may loose some seating (or have it greatly impared) by the config. shown above.

Look in my gallery and on Bill's (Monster Tower) diyTower.com website for some pylon ideas.

Mine was built for $80 and required NO hole drilling in/on the boat. Furthermore, it did not interfere with the aft seats, sets up in about 5 minutes and is bulletproof.

Like I said, I don't want to offend those who are out there trying to make a living marketing their products, just be sure you've done ALL your homework.

Just a thought..

My assumption with the strut configuration pylons, you have to work with what's there moving the pylon fore and aft and spreading the struts out till everything fits? Dunno, I've not installed one...the whole idea seemed straightforward enough to me to just build one - mine's not quite as "clean" as some of the manufactured "headpieces"...

Wes

ExtremeMarine
Criminal
Criminal

City: Twinsburg

PostPosted: May 12, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wesgardner,

You are right, the support poles may block the rear jump seats. We do this not only for support but it's a built in safety feature. When in use we don't want passengers sitting behind the pylon incase a ski rope snaps or backlashes. However the support poles come with quick release pins so It can be taken down and stowed when not in use. The DIY link is great for some people, but as you stated not the same quality. Also a lot of the pylons slip over a factory pylon so they don't need the support poles. Enjoyyour boating season. :)

ballywho
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: May 12, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wesgardner, do you know the link to your pylon thread, he would love it, I plan on putting it on my boat this summer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: