Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Big Air H2O Tower, Is there any way to run wires. in them?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joedirt00
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Baker City

PostPosted: May 04, 2005 2:18 am    Post subject: Big Air H2O Tower, Is there any way to run wires. in them? Reply with quote

Al right, So I'm looking at my tower and I want to run wires inside it for my DIY light bar. The only problem is that since it came in 5 pieces, there is aluminum joints that have pins through them that hold them together.

Has anybody with one of these towers sucessfully ran wires through theirs? Best I can tell the wire would have to jump out of the rear legs and around the joint and back into the upper legs.

Yes I know this is a waaaaay budget tower and I got what I paid for. Other that this issue It looks good and I have no other problems with it

Any body have some suggestions???

-If you grab a girls hair, and it comes off in your hand, don't laugh, that could have been the best sex ever.
Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Dallas

PostPosted: May 04, 2005 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the way it's done on my roswell. You can't drill through the center of the joint obviously. Mine only has 1 joint that has to jump over though.
wakessories
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: May 06, 2005 6:39 am    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

Wireless power will be the wave of the future!! Smile

You could always get some foam padding (pipe insulation) to go over the joint where the wires come out and run your wires under that! Atleast then it looks decent and your wires are not visible. Also gives you some head protection from those drunkin nights.

Otherwise: http://cableorganizer.com/wire-loom/
ATROPINE
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Logandale, NV

PostPosted: May 07, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drilled 4 holes; Ran the wire in through the bottom section, then out at the joint, then back in right above the joint, then out at the top of the tower. Did this again on my friend's BigAir tower, and i worked great. At the joint section, I covered the wire in black wire insulation, and zip-tied it to the joint section. If for some reason you need to be able to detach the tower at this joint, you could add a quick-disconnect in the line at this point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Accessories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: