Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Ollie Grab on wakeskate.....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Apr 03, 2003 3:59 pm    Post subject: Ollie Grab on wakeskate..... Reply with quote

ok, i got my ollies down now, and ijust got back from riding, i was trying ollie grabs, i was acually doing them, i know i was grabbing the board, but when i did it, it seemed like i was holding it, and my feet were off the board for a couple seconds, is that normal, can someone tell me how to do these, its just ollies on the surface (i ride cable) so its not off of a wake, any tips will be aprreciated, thanx
Wakeskater42

City: Miami

PostPosted: Apr 03, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Ollie Grabs Reply with quote

I think your feet coming off the board is normal. I ride behind a Super Air Nautique, but sometimes I just go off the Sea Doo and practice my grabs off ollies. On time, I was olling off the rollers from my boat and I did a roast beef grab and the toe side off the board left my feet. I landed it, but it did feel a little sketchy. Hope this helps.
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2003 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanx, it does a little, now i know its normal for my feet to come off a little
koltman
Addict
Addict

City: Sydney/Orlando

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2003 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my feet come off sometimes esspecially when you just start doing them. I think it looks cool.
Jester
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Boston

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2003 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I'm not so sure about this. I mean I'm not a wakeskater so I don't have good insight into it, but on a skateboard your feet generally aren't off the board unless you do a flip trick & then grab. If you're just hitting a kicker & doing a nosebone or something then your feet should be in contact with the board the whole time (unless they're coming off when you ollie, which would be another problem altogether).
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2003 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya i know what you mean jester, but on a wakeskate when i ollie, it comes off my feet sometimes, i have never had that happen on a skateboard, i dont know if other people come off the board on a wakeskate, but i have never heard or seen anyone come off it on a skateboard like a wakeskate, i guess there just different
jibn-it-all
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: apopka

PostPosted: Apr 06, 2003 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thin its because ur lifteing your legs faster than the board can come up . the feet thing always happens to me when doing wake to wakes, but im used to it.

CASSETTE : surviving the corse of timeand teknology
butter: so smooth, bi-level mofo
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Apr 06, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya, it doesnt happen all the time, but does happen, im working on it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeskating All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: