Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Damned ollies!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ben8473
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 14, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Damned ollies!! Reply with quote

OK, I have not been riding long, so i guess practice is the key, but I would appreciate any tips on the correct way to pull ollies off better.
I can do small ollies but as soon as i get the front of the board any higher, i cannot level out.
Help!!!!!!!!!!!
Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Apr 14, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the tony hawk trick tips video 1 and it helped a bunch. It's all about practice. Try to lean over the nose of your board more if you can't level it out.
ben8473
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 14, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice Wakebrad, I was gonna ask about good tip vids to get. Is Hawks vid the best one or are there others that might be worth getting?
Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Apr 14, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ben8473, to be honest I don't know of any other videos. I bought the Hawk video and it helped. There might be better ones. An ollie is about the only skateboard trick I can land consistently so I'm not an expert. Hopefully someone else can chime in and let you know some more info. I took up skateboarding in the off-season to help my wakeboarding. But now that I have a boat I can go year round so there's not much point.
ben8473
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 14, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took it up for the same reasons but have grown to hugely respect skateboarding, and unfortunately, realise just how damned difficult it is compared to wakeboarding. Thanks for the help Wakebrad, and nice avatar.........
Jester
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Boston

PostPosted: Apr 14, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ollies are a matter of practice. If you can do a stationary one then you just need to refine your technique. Before you go & buy a vid you might wanna see what you can find on the internet, I know several years ago the Birdhouse skateboards site had a buncha videos of Willy Santos giving trick tips on ollies, kickflips, & heelflips.

Couple things to remember:
-Suck your knees in to your chest to maximize your height
-Don't forget to lift your back foot.
cookiemonster420nj
Criminal
Criminal

City: midland park

PostPosted: May 09, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get discouraged. I started skating when I was 12 (now 29) and the ollie was the hardest to learn. If I remember correctly it took me almost 6 months before I got any good at it. Once you learn the ollie, a whole new world of tricks open up. Grabs, varials, kick-flips. My biggest thing with getting height on ollies is squatting all the way down tight to board, and then jumping up pulling in legs tight. You'll learn how far forward to place your body. If you have a shitty, skinny, light board or an old freestyle board, this is the best board to learn on. Moving while doing the ollie will help as well. If you're stationary while trying the ollie, it's ok. But you'll start to learn how to handle the board more with it moving and you should be able to get more height this way as well. Good luck to you, and don't give up....once you get it, there's nothing like it and you'll be doing ollies high as shi* on the wakeboard. Water lofts you excellently on a wakeboard ollie. Water gives where as concrete does not.
sj11
Criminal
Criminal

City: gilford, nh

PostPosted: Aug 25, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the eayest way to learn ollies are get all of the tips and the main things you have to do and then pratice a lot Wink
wake_quake
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Brisbane

PostPosted: Sep 11, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant really help i kinda ollie without thinking
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Skateboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: