Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Surfing in Washington

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NorthwestRider
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Puyallup, WA

PostPosted: Apr 12, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Surfing in Washington Reply with quote

Anyone Surf in Washington. I've been looking to go for a long time now but still haven't got the chance to try. I am looking to go to Westport. Anyone been there/now how it is for begining surfers?
vision135
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Ft Lauderdale

PostPosted: Apr 24, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are the waves there? It must be freezing going in winter too because thats when most swells are.
Jeff206
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: May 09, 2005 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been to Westport twice. It's pretty good for beginners, which is what I am. there's usually a pretty consistant beginners wave, I think. Also there's two or three places in westport to go, there's also two surf shops there that I know of and both places are really nice and will answer any questions you have, so ask them where to go and stuff.

vision135, I went in Jan. and it was freakin cold as hell, we stayed at my friends beach house in the coast and when we woke up to go there were incicles hanging off the boards on the car, but we went anyway. The rental places have diving wetsuits that are like 6/4mm and have hoods and they give you gloves and booties. It'f freakin hard to paddle in all that shiat though. I've seen pictures of winter swell from westport that is pretty huge, but a lot of te time the waves are pretty powerless but still barely surfable which makes it decent for noobs like me
Scott Jones
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Pullman or Vancouver

PostPosted: Jun 24, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh winter swells up here in the NW are insane. I was looking at pictures from a 24 foot swell at like 18 seconds out in Seaside from this winter. It's so gnarly. Surfing in washington... If you're just lookin to get out and catch a few waves, you can pretty much grab a longboard and get out anywhere in the summer and find some whitewash to surf. Consistency is the real problem for decent waves up here. The bottom is pretty much all sand, so it's always changing, reshaping the break. I've never surfed Westport, but I have a lot of friends who surf up there alot and like it. Since I'm in SW WA, I'm closer to the breaks in Oregon like Seaside, Cannon Beach, Astoria. It gets cooold out here in the winter, I usually wear a 5/3 with booties all year, and might throw on a hood in the spring, but I don't surf in the winter.
shagprodigy
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: bothell

PostPosted: Jul 23, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me and my buddy are gonna go to westport sometime in august,before i leave for boot camp. you should roll out there with us dude
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: