Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

M B sports / whats youres like?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickrock

City: Pueblo

PostPosted: Apr 08, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: M B sports / whats youres like? Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 05 mb52 v23 triple up ballast

Last edited by rickrock on Apr 21, 2005 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Centrider
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Apr 08, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, i like the color scheme! nice ride.
justsomeguy

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

68 degree air temp, 56 degree water temp in April.
Bruky

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say, I dig those towers.
Enzoborder230
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: lake anna,va

PostPosted: Apr 11, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude those look sick
Used to be ar230border
cookiemonster420nj
Criminal
Criminal

City: midland park

PostPosted: Apr 13, 2005 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are sick, I like the towers and flames....very hot. I'm not familiar with what kinda boats they are tho... M B sports? Never heard of them till now really, but I also just got into wakeboarding last summer.
als132
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: shoreline

PostPosted: Apr 16, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh, the B 52, i love those boats with all my heart, but could never drop 65 grand on one....they are soooo nice though, some of the newer ones come with up to 2400 lbs of ballast STOCK!!! they are beasts. props on the boat, does this have the Triple Up system in it??

im jealous

ps. you;re prbly not familiar with them because not very many are made each year. They are mostly west coast boats also, you'll see a bunch if you come to Seattle
cookiemonster420nj
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 17, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's why.....I'm east coast. Huh, $65,000....that's just rediculous. I'd just buy a $20,000 ski boat and go from there....you'd have about $30,000 left if you totally redid the boat interior and turned it into a wakeboard boat. Don't get me wrong...it's a beautiful boat ya got there, but I think it's just a ski boat on steroids basically. You can take most ski boats and customize the ballast and add a tower/pylon , wedge, for far cheaper than most wakeboard boats.....why pay for a name? Take some of the extra $ and put it aside for boat maintenance/repairs. I thought malibu was way overpriced, now M B takes the cake.
DRAGON88
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Portland, OR

PostPosted: Apr 17, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cookiemonster420nj wrote:
that's why.....I'm east coast. Huh, $65,000....that's just rediculous. I'd just buy a $20,000 ski boat and go from there....you'd have about $30,000 left if you totally redid the boat interior and turned it into a wakeboard boat. Don't get me wrong...it's a beautiful boat ya got there, but I think it's just a ski boat on steroids basically. You can take most ski boats and customize the ballast and add a tower/pylon , wedge, for far cheaper than most wakeboard boats.....why pay for a name? Take some of the extra $ and put it aside for boat maintenance/repairs. I thought malibu was way overpriced, now M B takes the cake.

Good for you, It's kinda like you can buy a Ferrari or you can hop up a Honda Civic to be just as fast for probably half the money. Don't attempt to try and bash people who do want to invest in a "Ferrari". Just because its not your cup of tea doesn't make it wrong. It's really none of your concern anyways.

als132
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: shoreline

PostPosted: Apr 17, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i agree^^. We have a 1994 ski boat right now, and i want a wakeboard boat really badly but my dad has the same train of thought as that guy, why not just put everything on it? But truth be told its just not the same....and not nearly as sleek either
Beaver
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nanaimo

PostPosted: Apr 17, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoes boats look sick i just don't like the flames but sick boat man.
WakeBoarder44
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Apr 18, 2005 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer the blach flames...
but toooooo expensive to me Exclamation

Crying or Very sad

* Hesitation leads to pain!
King of the Tigers
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Mesa, Az

PostPosted: Apr 18, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cookiemonster is a genius! I'll quit wasting my time dating hot girls. I'll just date some bucktoothed retch queen then pay to make her look good. That way I can save my $ while dating her. She'll think it's something great that she's going to McDonald's and she'll love the ring I get her out of the Cracker Jacks box.

Nice boats by the way. I certainly wouldn't turn a pull down.
Hockeyplayer
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: San Diego/San Marcos

PostPosted: Apr 21, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know how sick my Bayliner could be if I dropped 60K into it?

Not very sick at all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website AIM Address
rickrock

PostPosted: Apr 21, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its just crazy what some of these specfic boats go for Rolling Eyes Its all in what you want.
cookiemonster420nj
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: May 03, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, west coast ends up looking foolish to me . All about looks no matter the cost. Thanks guys, I couldn't have begged for an more appropriate answer. Bickering will get you nowhere, you still have $15,000 wasted.
And as long as that buck toothed retch queen loves me for me, I could care less. Laughing

jeffh555
Criminal
Criminal

City: san luis obispo

PostPosted: May 03, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really shouldnt be feeding the fire here, but MB, Malibu, MC, Correct Craft, all nice expensive boats, yes you can buy an older boat and pimp it out and it will be a sick wake boat, but theat doesnt change how much new boats go for, $65k is on par with other top of the line boats. i've never riden behind one but i see them at the lake every weekend, they sure look like the attention to detail is there.
cookiemonster420nj
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: May 03, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen, I've spent my whole life on the water every summer. I honestly cannot say I have seen one...so maybe I am speaking too soon. But from what I see in the pics, nothing says the price is fitting. I will look to see their site, and see what they're all about. I don't want to plead ignorance. I do feel if it was that hot a boat I would've seen one by now. I just don't see where the $65k is spent as of now. Are there heaters? Heated seats? Auto-convertible top? Fridge? And $65k, is that stock? What comes stock?
And Jeff you're not fueling the fire, thanks for adding those boat companies. Only one I'd like to add is Ski Nautique. New, all of these manufacturers top of the line boats sell for under $50k. What makes M B that much better? Please don't take this the wrong way (as it already has been), I just don't see the value yet. I mean feel free to fill me in, for now I'm gonna check their site.

DRAGON88
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: May 03, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cookiemonster420nj wrote:
Listen, I've spent my whole life on the water every summer. I honestly cannot say I have seen one...so maybe I am speaking too soon. But from what I see in the pics, nothing says the price is fitting. I will look to see their site, and see what they're all about. I don't want to plead ignorance. I do feel if it was that hot a boat I would've seen one by now. I just don't see where the $65k is spent as of now. Are there heaters? Heated seats? Auto-convertible top? Fridge? And $65k, is that stock? What comes stock?
And Jeff you're not fueling the fire, thanks for adding those boat companies. Only one I'd like to add is Ski Nautique. New, all of these manufacturers top of the line boats sell for under $50k. What makes M B that much better? Please don't take this the wrong way (as it already has been), I just don't see the value yet. I mean feel free to fill me in, for now I'm gonna check their site.

AAAH the ignorance is giving me a headache!! Please quit talking about boats, you have just proven to know nothing about them.

A: Ski Nautiques are SKI boats they are 19' 6" or 20' 6" in the open bow model. They are not built for wakeboarding they are direct drives.... If you are talking about Super Air Nautiques then you are also incorrect about your assessment of "under 50k" try more like 56-60k. He doesn't need to prove the value to you. No one asked you to "review" the boat. It's simply none of your business how much anyone payed for their boats.

No one here is trying to convince you of anything, keep living in your little naive world. This is not a thread about the "value" of a boat. It's not a thread about how much boat's should cost, and it's most certainly not a thread about trying to make yourself feel better about how much "you would spend" because its none of your business if guys are spending 100k on X-stars.

I find it offensive myself, I'm sure that a majority of the other users do too. Who the fu*k are you to say what ANYTHING is worth to me or anyone else?!

Bruky

PostPosted: May 03, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
MB, Malibu, MC, Correct Craft, all nice expensive boats

Quote:
Only one I'd like to add is Ski Nautique

Did I miss something, or is this funny?
cookiemonster420nj
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: May 03, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, works for me. Dragon88 And you are who? No seriously, you are chiming in why? STFU.. I never claimed to have vast boat knowledge. I can tell ya some measurements too, does that make me the 'boatmaster' here? I do believe the post was about boats and I gave my opinion. You don't like it, STFU. I posted my opinion and someone gave me a bad rating on my opinion, so I came back to see why. Apparently opinion is something that can be rated. My opinion is that the boat is way overpriced for not enuff attention to detail. I did go to the site, and they are way over-valued. Sick looking boats, nice construction, sweet engines, but none the less-overpriced. As for it being none of my business what he paid, I know what range he paid from dealer info, and it's a rip-off to me. Vehicle prices are public, how is that none of my business?
And I didn't ask the poster to show me the value, I can see for myself from their own site. And bruky, like I said any ski boat can become a wakeboat....you find ski nautique funny? Try riding behind one set up for a wakeboarder then talk.
And btw, just to look loud, annoyed, and like I have something important to say like you Dragon88-Who the fu*k are you to tell me I cannot give my opinion on value? If you are somehow unable to handle an opinion other than your own, maybe you should not be online. There's alot of opinion around here, not fact. Why get all worked up over my opinion.
If you think I'm wrong, lovely...you're entitled, it's called 'OPINION'. I apparently need to post 'opinion' when dealing with some of these fools.

Oh yeah you listed A: Ski nautiques blah blah blah
WTF happened to B:, C:, D: ?

Opinions inserted above, don't read if ya cannot handle it. Laughing

DRAGON88
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: May 03, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, if you look at the title it's not "Hey guys what do you think about my boat??" It's "MB sports whats yours like?" There is a difference...

You have no clue what you are talking about therefore; your opinion doesn't mean jack s*it to me.

Can D-Drive boats put out good wakes? Un-doubted can they do it. Can they do it and still have a boat lay out that isn't cluttered with sacs? Not usually. Thanks for telling me to ride behind a Ski Nautique, But actually I had a Sport Nautique for 6 years. It was "setup for wakeboarding" It uses a better hull IMO then the "new" TSC squared hull's found on 02 and up Ski Nautiques and 03 and up Sport and Air Nautiques.

Base line you don't have enough of a clue to attempt to "judge" someone else's spending, get back to me when you can buy one (a clue)...

Ruune
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: San Antonio & Austin, TX

PostPosted: May 04, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Did I miss something, or is this funny?

Just nod in agreement and let him dig his own hole. Laughing

www.360wakeboard.com
www.texaswakeboarders.com
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cookiemonster420nj
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: May 04, 2005 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's your opinion, your entitled. But don't be an as*hole you dumb sh*t, I can post my opinion wherevever the f*ck I want. Sharing your boat on forums entitles me to post an opinion on it. Dragon88 are you really this big an as*hole? Do you have nothing better to do with your time than try and cause shi* here? It certainly seems the original postmaker is not concerned with my opinion, why are you?
This is already getting old. Now you're just looking for good one liners, and btw....you have none. Buy a clue? Good one....I'll take clues for five hundred Alex.
-a belief stronger than impression and less strong than positive knowledge-
Um, what is an opinion? ding-ding-ding that is correct

Now please tell me, if my opinion really means jack sh*t to you...why'd ya post in the first place? Seems to have gotten you quite upset...jackas*. Do you read what you think after it's typed in? You really should.
I will not be back to this post as you are now just wasting my time. Feel free to say shi* like ya have... you can read a whole book of one liners. I suggest this one- ' the As*holes guide to comebacks'.
If ya still want to start shi*, do it in pm...so I can direct it to you, or put up a post where ya can tell me my opinion is wrong. I'm sure people should be warned of my opinion. They may form their own opinions from mine...omg the horror! Laughing

sperbet
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Truckee

PostPosted: May 04, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am nodding in agreement Laughing Laughing Laughing
Enzoborder230
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: lake anna,va

PostPosted: May 04, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cookiemonster420nj,
yah i think you can stfu, your getting owned
hes not stating an opinion, hes stating a fact that you're ignorant.
and what yoiu said how he has enough time to cause stuff on here, wow, you shouldnt be talking at all

Used to be ar230border
rickrock

PostPosted: May 05, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: MB Sports Reply with quote

Sorry for stirring the pot in here, just was wondering how others liked there MB. I had just gotten out of another 2005 boat that I had bought and did not like a few things about it and bought the MB and am happy with it. Very Happy
Hyperryd
Addict
Addict

City: Central Cali

PostPosted: May 06, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickrock, You will find the MB is a love it or hate it boat. To each their own. I happen to be one of the people who loves my '04 B-52. Don't let haters ruin your thread or your vibe.
Bruky

PostPosted: May 06, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cookiemonster420nj, 23 sentences, 10 naughty words, and you're calling Dragon88 upset?

Quote:
And bruky, like I said any ski boat can become a wakeboat....you find ski nautique funny? Try riding behind one set up for a wakeboarder then talk.

I've driven, and ridden behind more boats than you can imagine. I'm around them every day. I'll tell you a direct drive ski boat is NOT a wakeboard boat, it's a ski boat. Direct drive = ski boat. V-Drive = wake boat. Simple concept, keep it in mind.

Also, Ollinger's Mission RV in Paso Robles, CA will sell you a B-52 for under $55k. Pretty cheap if you ask me. Don't believe me? (805) 434-9999. Ask for Adam.
EMP912
Addict
Addict

City: Greenback

PostPosted: May 10, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great looking boats. I wish I had a chance to ride in one and most importantly behind one. I would love to check out how the 2 speed tranny works. Beatiful boats and I even like the flames eventhough I usually like a cleaner look but they did a great job on designing them. I have seen the plain ones on here as well and they are great.

Post more please.

But I have to say it is hard to decide between the major 3 MC, Ski Nautique, and Correct Craft. Confused

John 3:16
rickrock

PostPosted: May 10, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: MB Reply with quote

Dont know what others are pating for these boats but mine was around $53,000 out the door w/ almost $3000 in extras from oneil, and yes it does have an heater ,hot and cold water shower ,lots of goodies and best of all me and my family like it and enjoy this boat.!!!!!
Josh R
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Melbourne, Australia

PostPosted: May 15, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
or put up a post where ya can tell me my opinion is wrong.

Your opinion is wrong.

Liquidmx
Addict
Addict

City: San Jose

PostPosted: May 27, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some people get jealous seeing other members nice boats and decide to voice their ideas on how their money would be better spent rather than simply state "nice boat" and move on. This isnt Forbes or Money, keep your investment decisions to yourself until its published in a reputable capital investment magazine.

I have ridden behind most major manufacturers boats and must say they are quite a bit nicer than a "ski boat" and worth the coin if I was in the market. But what do I know, just another person who rides often enough to put 1100 hours on our overpriced useless Malibu Rolling Eyes .

RickRock: Did you get the 2 speed upgrade? If so how does is work pulling wise, are you happy with it?

rickrock

PostPosted: Jun 09, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: two speed Reply with quote

Two speed works well, low for surfing and I just leave it in high when boarding, even when fully loaded.
wakelauncher

City: Tulare

PostPosted: Jun 10, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really nice ride i got my MB last sept. and love it. have fun with ur new toy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Share Your Boat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: