Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Quanity vs. Quality Stereo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gotama176
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Columbus

PostPosted: Apr 07, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Quanity vs. Quality Stereo Reply with quote

So here is the Deal, I am currently pretty happy with my I/O for the time being, I figure this winter I will start looking for my first DD...however, I need a better stereo in my Four Winns. Would I be better off to try and get a better system, i.e. JVC/Clarion/ect with just a head unit and speakers, or are some of these off brands like boss or pyle going to have some decent sound. I ask because I have noticed some packaged systems on ebay with head unit/speakers/sub from pyle and boss. Like I said, looking for something reasonable for this season that we can chill to when we drop anchor. Thanx
holiday13
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Flemington

PostPosted: Apr 07, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give us some more info, like what you are looking to spend (you must have a $figure you want to stay under) and what your current openings are for the speakers, also where is your head unit located and do you store your boat inside?

If the head unit is in the glove box and it is water tight you can probably get away with a standard car stereo head unit. Get one with good outputs and get yourself some good marine speakers, I have 6 MB Quartz in my boat 6.5s and they thump, they are clear as day when we are cruising and load as all heck when we are anchored.
acurtis_ttu
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Houston

PostPosted: Apr 07, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you rgoing ot dump the baot in a year go with the pyle/boss crap...it will be good enough for a year or so.
logan
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Jackson, CA

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya there is no sense putting in a killer stereo in a boat you plan on getting rid of, but still put decent stuff in it. So the pyle/boss stuff will probably be ok.

that is scary, i woke up with a boner and had to make sure ontrider wasn't standing around with a chainsaw...
bkw4287
Criminal
Criminal

City: Central FL

PostPosted: Apr 12, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a bargain basement setup in my Searay 18ft I/O. It was basically a cheap Aiwa CD player, Sony Mono Amp running a 12" Fosgate Punch in a bandbass box and the CD player ran the 4 speakers. It worked well for that it was. I don't think I spent more than $200 on the whole setup, but that was because most of it came from leftovers in my friends garages. If you hunt EBAY you can find lots of great stuff for cheap. I just traded my Searay in for an 05 Moomba, so you are basically doing what I did this time last year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Accessories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: