Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

SNAP pre-release
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Legler
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Blue Springs, MO

PostPosted: May 10, 2003 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good news, there isn't any more delay on SNAP. i got it today.
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: May 10, 2003 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats awsome, did ya watch it yet, how is it?
Mister C
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Burbank, SO-CAL

PostPosted: May 10, 2003 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i hope my friend got it. I need to go over to his house and check it out. And whats this talk about murray doing some kind of flip on a wakeskate?
pooser
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: May 11, 2003 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im still waiting on my copy. if you want to check it out some one wrote a review for SNAP in the general board. I hope my copy comes in soon.
EzyRider
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Turlock, CA

PostPosted: May 11, 2003 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First let me just get this out of the way... Go to bumpfilms.com right now and order Snap. Okay, now the review. After ordering the vid on monday, i got it this saturday. Watched it as soon as possible. If you are a wakeskater you need it, if you are interested you still need it. Even if youve never heard of it you should check it out. The video is awesome, i dont know where to begin. It is an instuctional, so it starts with the very basics to some of the most advanced out there. dont let the fact that it is an instructional scare you because it has more action in it than most regular wakeboard films, PLUS you may actually LEARN something. The intro is siiick, with "stick em up" playing in the backround, and intros to each rider i just wanted to go out and ride even though the water is 45 degrees, its pitch black, and i have no one to drive our boat. Aaron reed and Brian Grubb do most of the comentary and trick tips. even though you may already be sticking shov its and body varials, this video has some of the coolest video angles and editing techniques i have ever seen in a wakeboard video, this makes watching reed teach the waterstart excititing. If you can name any trick possible for wakeskaters to do, chances are that it teaches you how to do it in this video. It goes into incredible depth for each and every trick/riding basic. This tips given actually help, instead of telling you to turn and jump of the wake, spin 180 degress, and land, they go into depth on handle position, timeing, even tips for the driver of the boat, in terms of speed, etc. The tips were very thought out, some times id just be like "ohhhh yeahhh" I should have been doing it that way. The video is very long, it is broken into 4 sections, w2w, lip tricks, begining, and ramps and rails. Once again, i applaud the editing, it shows the same trick from diifferent angles, splits the screen showing two different angles, and it freezes the frame during important transitions. The music is also very good, rap/hiphop/punk rock/dj beats/ all blended in perfectly. I found at least 8 songs that i am burning onto a cd right now. The extras could be a video in itself. I would reccamend getting the DVD for that reason. It shows rider sections from all the featured riders, towable slider sections, i thought aaron reed was gonna die wiping out on the rails, shawn watson kills the towable rail on his wakeboard. The extras also show the day in the life of Brian Grubb. I found this very interesting because it really shows you what a pro boarder would live like. There is also a secret section that i havent seen yet. I started the video around 6 and it is now 9:30. after writing this revew i will probabily watch it some more, i still havent seen all the extras. Im probably forgetting something, but seriously this is an awesome video. I have seen my share of videos as well. It is nearly three times as deep/long as some full length wakeboard videos i have seen. If you have any interest in wakeskating whatsoever, i really suggest picking this one up. Each rider really stepped it up for the filming, im just amazed at some of the stuff they are doing. Im trying not to be too optimistic here but, i just cant think of any negative part of the video.. just give me a few days.. Go order the video, learn some tricks, enjoy watching some of the best pros kill it, and if you have any questions, post em ill check the post in a few days or whenever i finish watching the video, whichever comes first. Sorry im not too good at writing, but I tried to explain it as best as possible. now go pick up a compy, you definatlely wont regret it
EzyRider
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: May 11, 2003 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there it is, got carried away, but its really really a good vid if you like wakeskating, you might learn something as well, the extras are also sweet. one section i didnt mention has video trailers for lots of wakeboard vids out there, pretty cool.
EzyRider
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: May 11, 2003 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

929 is the code that unlocks an extra section of the video, its pretty cool
Mister C
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: May 11, 2003 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats in the extra section?
EzyRider
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: May 11, 2003 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its of horrell and byerly hitting a towable slider, im not sure why they make you get a secret code, its cool but...
Mister C
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: May 11, 2003 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But what?
David Legler
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: May 11, 2003 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't understand why they call it a secret section where you have to enter in a code cause on the box it says that it features towable slider videos of watsons, horrells, and byerlys. but bylerlys towable slider is the secret section
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: May 11, 2003 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds great, i have a question though, is there any tricks in the flats?? like i ride cable, not boat, would this video still help me out, on like shuvits and stuff, since i dont use a wake, and it would help on kickers and sliders to, for cable?
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

City: Austin, TX

PostPosted: May 11, 2003 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since both of us are riding at a cable, I think the best thing to do would be to take the lip tricks (shuvits, body varials, kickflips) and bring it into the flats. That's what I plan to do, and the dvd has a rails and ramps section, so that will definitely be helpful for us Smile.

www.texasskiranch.com

PS - This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q & R were eliminated.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: May 11, 2003 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya that part would, but lip tricks, as to surface tricks? i dont think so, lip tricks are totally different then surface...in my opinion, on the lip, oyu on the lip, its tougher, and on the surface, you just flat out on the surface, no wake, nothing in the way...except if its choppy
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: May 11, 2003 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, when I'm thinking of lip tricks, I think they are using the lip to help them ollie higher, and since we are on a cable, the cable will help us go higher.

www.texasskiranch.com

PS - This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q & R were eliminated.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: May 11, 2003 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not in my opinion, maybe the cable helps ya ollie a tiny bit better, but you do it mostly yourself, you just go and ollie, but on a lip, its different, you have to balance differently, its a whole different style trick, with totally different aspects as to just right on the surface on flat water...but to each, there own opinion
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: May 11, 2003 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess going back to what you heard about the difference between TSR and Ski Rixen, maybe TSR's cable system helps ollie-ing, cause my friend Matt told me it was going to be a rude-awakening for me when trying to ollie behind the boat.

Quote:

but on a lip, its different, you have to balance differently

If you are going to ollie using the lip, why would you need to balance?

www.texasskiranch.com

x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: May 11, 2003 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, ya, i didnt take that into consideration, they are different cables...but ya, your friend is right, its harder to ollie behind boat

well you would need the extra balance going up the lip before the acual ollie itself....on surface, you just flat out ollie, dont need anything else to do it, arnt launching off anything, but going up the lip, your adding to the ollie, and have to go up the lip before the acual ollie, making it so ya kinda have to have that balance first....just remember, this is all my personal opinion, and from my few times i have ridden behind boat (TWC) so it may be wrong in the true facts, but its just my point of few Cool
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: May 11, 2003 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's point of view =P

Anyway, I'm just thinking it like this. I'm pretty sure that video doesn't have a kickflip under the surface tricks section. However, i'm pretty sure the principals are the same and that you can bring it to the surface, it would just take some minor adjusting, which is probably what the guy who did a kickflip behind a pontoon boat did (i never saw this, but Potter told me he saw one). Was it pontoon he said? I dunno, but basically he said it's possible to do a kickflip as a surface trick.

www.texasskiranch.com

x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: May 11, 2003 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

true, well ya, Daniel Lovett was out here at Rixen for the tour, he was doing surface kickflips, i heard he stuck a few, didnt see any though, so they are possible on surface, and Brandon Thomas has been doing them on surface, getting really close, he may have landed one......anyone who has seen it, does the video have surface tricks, if so, can ya give me an idea of what? thanx
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: May 11, 2003 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Josh Potter tried a few over here. Weird thing is he's mainly a wakeboarder (in fact I've seen him maybe wakeskate....4 times the whole time I've been there). I heard he's gotten close to landing one, that guy has too much natural talent...

www.texasskiranch.com

Last edited by DockSecret on May 11, 2003 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
David Legler
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: May 11, 2003 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a lot of the stuff is based around off of the lip. but they do show stuff in the flats. aaron reed does both lip and flat, he does a shuv-it to indy and a FS or BS 3 in the FLATS! its crazy. also Danny Hampson does kickflips out in the flats. he does the switch even, he has a lot of talent.
EzyRider
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: May 12, 2003 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hampson is sick, id like to see what stuff hell be doin once he gets older.
pooser
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: May 12, 2003 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im going down to the board shop friday to see if my copy has come in. they were supposed to have given me a call and there is no way it took this long. Evil or Very Mad
Butta Seeka
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: rowlet, tx.

PostPosted: May 13, 2003 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok dont get me wrong, the video was awsome, but its wasent as good as what i was expecting
Mister C
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: May 15, 2003 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikingsextreme107, did you get the video yet?
pooser
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: May 15, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you read my post you would know im going to check friday. okay.
pooser
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: May 17, 2003 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just got my copy it came in yesterday. its really good. i havent had a chance to watch all of it tho.
Butta Seeka
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: May 17, 2003 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the intro was killer
Jeremy Coe
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Auckland

PostPosted: May 17, 2003 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horrell was the first to land a kickflip, and he landed it in the flats...
pooser
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: May 17, 2003 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the intro is cool. i like the green screen type thing they were doing. i figured out what the secret code is for. you need it to unlock some more towable slider footage.
Butta Seeka
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: May 17, 2003 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i thought that part was kinda stupied they even tell u where to get the code
pooser
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: May 17, 2003 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they just did that to advertise their stuff. they figure everyone that buys the dvd is gonna go on the site and see all the other cool stuff bump makes and maybe buy another video. but the footage in the section was cool.
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: May 17, 2003 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya its all advertising technique, i think thats a really good way to get people to bu more videos too
Butta Seeka
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: May 17, 2003 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea that is a good point. On another note the malibu VLX with the illusion tower they had, that boat was sick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeskating All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Add To Favorites

Jump to: