Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

I don't get it

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chales

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 3:42 pm    Post subject: I don't get it Reply with quote

I don't really get this joke... it has some potential... I don't know, maybe someone just put in the wrong punch-line:

In Tennessee, a guy sees a sign in front of a house: "Talking Dog for Sale."

He rings the bell and the owner tells him the dog is in the backyard. The guy goes into the backyard and sees a black mutt just sitting there.

"You talk?" he asks.

"Yep," the mutt replies.

"So, what's your story?"

The mutt looks up and says, "Well, I discovered this gift pretty young and I wanted to help the government, so I told the CIA about my gift, and in no time they had me jetting from country to country, sitting in rooms with spies and world leaders, because no one figured a dog would be eavesdropping. I was one of their most valuable spies eight years running. The jetting around really tired me out, and I knew I wasn't getting any younger and I wanted to settle down. So I signed up for a job at the airport to do some undercover security work, mostly wandering near suspicious characters and listening in. I uncovered some incredible dealings there and was awarded a batch of medals. Had a wife, a mess of puppies, and now I'm just retired."

The guy is amazed. He goes back in and asks the owner what he wants for the dog. The owner says, "Ten dollars." The guy says, "This dog is amazing. Why on earth are you selling him, so cheap?"

The owner replies, "He's such a liar. He didn't do any of that stuff."
Chales

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that's not supposed to say shizzle. I've never used the word shizzle before in my life up to now.
Split

City: Sou Cali

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummmm......
wakeborder5
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Commerce

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get it, but it's not very funny
K-dub
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bwa, bwa, bwaaaaaaaaa!
Jello John
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately not funny. I think the joke had something to do with the dog's owner being stupid and selling a talking dog for a very small price.
Mythodikal
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Beaumont, TX

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well yea it sorta makes sense but ..... ok
75 starz

City: a trailer park in northern california

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

call me simple, but that is right up my alley.

Unfortunately, if you have to explain it its just not that funny.
Shawn Madison
Old School Freak
Old School Freak

City: Norris, TN

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chales

It had to from Tennessee!-j/k

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
STPHNSN23

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

definitely wasn't funny. and 'shizzle' really made the bad joke worse.
christy
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Raleigh, NC

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the humor is in the build up to why he's selling such an accomplished dog, only to find out the dog is full of "shizzle". It's funny b/c the owner could care less about the dog's ability b/c the dog is a liar. It got a laugh out of me. Maybe I just need some sleep. ???
bigairnut
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Phoenix

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that was pritty funny...

Here's another...hope it comes across ok in writing...

Middle aged man made a killing working on wall street and decided he wanted to buy a ranch in montana and retire. so he buys a ranch where his nearest neighbor is 5 miles away. about 6 months later he's alone on his ranch working and an ole boy comes riding up on his horse. The ole boy, obviously a hard core cowboy with chaps, spurs, dusty hat, the whole 9 yards, says "Howdy pardner". Mr. wall street smiles and returns the greeting. They talk for a few minutes and finally the cowboy asks wall street (in your best imagined cowboy accent) "hey, you intersted in comin to a party this fridee nite?" The rest of the conversation goes something like this:

Wall Street: "You bet, I've been out here for 6 months and haven't had any contact with another person until today."

Cowboy (don't forget the accent): "I gotta tell ya, there's likely to be alot a drinkin at this here party...hope you ain't got a problem with that."

Wall Street: "Hell no I don't have a problem with that...I worked hard and played hard in New York and can drink with the best of 'em"

Cowboy: "Now, I gotta warn ya, there's lible to be some fightin at this party"

Wall Street: "Fighting? Hmmm....that's ok I guess, it's been a long time since I've been in a really good brawl. Yeah, fighting will be ok"

Cowboy: "Probly gonna be some sex at this party too. You ok with that?"

Wall Street: "Are you kidding? I haven't had sex since I left New York six months ago...hell yeah I'm ok with that"

Cowboy: "Well alrighty then, we'll see ya fridee nite at 8"

As the cowboy starts to ride away, wall street calls out after him "Hey, what should I wear?"

The cowboy just shrugs his shoulders and says "Aw hell boy, it don't much matter, it's just gonna be the two of us"

"From My Cold Dead Hands." The late Charlton Heston
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: