Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

sketchy wakeskate landings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
furitive_revolution
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Oshawa

PostPosted: Mar 25, 2003 1:00 am    Post subject: sketchy wakeskate landings Reply with quote

i'm probably gonna get a lot of slack about oh you can't do it so shut up. but seriously i'm sick of seeing these lay backs after landin a trick on a wakeskate. it's the same with wakeboard landings. it seems that some of the production companies are scrapin for footage so they throw in anything that is stood up. i myself would never put in any footage of myself that is sketchy. that is why i dont' have a vid to post. i can't stand seeing something landed sketchy unless it is some super sick trick. but other than that i seriously can't stand it. like 360 shuv it's..if you gotta lay back to land those you are in serious trouble. peace
Jester
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Boston

PostPosted: Mar 25, 2003 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not real heavy into the wake scene, but I know in skateboarding it's pretty much the same. Unless you're going for some super hard combo people are gonna talk crap if you land sketch. Actually, some people still talk trash about Mullen saying he has sketchy style even though he's doing stuff like switch backside crooks to inward heelflip out.
Nathan Newman
Addict
Addict

City: Baylor

PostPosted: Mar 25, 2003 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey man, wakeskating itself is sketchy
but yeah, I agree that they shouldn't post so much stuff that's just really ugly and sketchy
whoever says Rodney Mullen has sketchy style is an incompetent moron. Rodney's the king!!!

An eye for an eye will make the world blind.
-Gandhi

It is better to die standing than to live on your knees.
-Che Guevera
David Legler
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Blue Springs, MO

PostPosted: Mar 25, 2003 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but nobody is sticking everything they do, everyone has something that they can't land quite as good as someone else. and wakeskating is still new. landing things is different on a wakeskate than on a skateboard which has been around for a quite a while. in a few years people will be able to consistantly stick kickflips and 360 shuv-its and whatever else and then there will be new things that will have a sketchy landing. we just need to give it time.

i like that there are videos that have A FEW sketchy landings. sure they aren't the greatest thing but it shows how people are really riding right now.
wakesk8enTrevo

PostPosted: Mar 25, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with david completly
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeskating All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: