Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

03 HL High Backs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K-dub
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 9:14 am    Post subject: 03 HL High Backs Reply with quote

Has anyone ridden these boots yet?
I know....I should know how they are already. But I have'nt had a chance to ride them yet. I need some input.
I am thinking about riding these this season, but need some input before I jump into buying them...
What's your input????
Thanks!
B-rad
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw them at TSR last time I was there. They were damn heavy with all that crap there is no em'. I know they added the option 2 strap and the new footbed.... I just could not get over how heavy they felt. I doubt it would make a difference once they are on the board. And the cost went up a ton for Hyperlite boots this year. I am sticking to the Ultra's, cost and comfort are tops in my book.

Caretaker of the offical AGB beer mug
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
K-dub
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All HL boots are heavy. I'm not concerned with that really. I alredy have the Parks boots. I just want something a bit more on the simple side. The parks have too many things to go wrong. I have tried on the High Back in my shop, and like the way they feel. Just looking for a second opinion before I jump into them is all......
STPHNSN23

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm sure they'll suit your fancy...i mean if u like them, get them.
K-dub
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2003 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's tha thing....I dont know if I like them fully. I was hoping for some input from someone that rides them first to help my decision. Does'nt look like anyones ridden them though........I just got done putting one on again, man that boot is stiff compared to the Parks!
Tyler*Moore

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2003 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are the most pimpingest binding ever Razz
K-dub
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2003 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is pimpingest a word?
tyler, do you ride them or are you just being a smart-@$$?
Brandon Lee
Addict
Addict

City: Atlanta

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2003 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 03 highbacks are really comfortable. If you are looking for simplicity, they arent the simplest. There are like 5 overlays on them, , the parks only has 3 i think. They dont have much forward lean, but more like keep your ankles supported. The new footbed is great, and they redesigned the baseplate, which has a simpler bottom with more foam to keep your board from getting scratched. They changed the way they make the overlays for 2003. In 2002 and 2001 they cooked them so that only the middle was getting cooked thoroughly. This led to all the bindings ripping. They are heavy, but its not like a pound or two is going to make you do that much better, except maybe olleing. The option 2 strap is alright, but I dont think its necessary. there is no toe strap anymore which lets your toes have more freedom. man I could be a hyperlite sales rep with that kind of post, haha.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: