Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

New Tower Speakers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tea boy
Criminal
Criminal

City: Burton on Trent. Staffs. UK.

PostPosted: Dec 03, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject: New Tower Speakers Reply with quote

Just bought 4 MC tower speakers and the brackets, the 2003 models. Any one out there with any experience of fitting them or should i pass to my dealer. I also have to bring my tower down for storage, will this be a problem with the extra wait or complicate the wireing.

Fitting to 2004 Zero Flex.
silvtongdvl
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Crosby,TX

PostPosted: Dec 03, 2004 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A trip to the dealer to see how they wired them would be helpful. They leave alittle slack in the wires where the tower folds - simple job really. Congrats on the new bling.
~S~

Brit Rider
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Cheshire, England

PostPosted: Dec 03, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tea boy,

basically you can drop it by your local MC dealer or do it yourself. Doing it the manual way is going to take between 2-4 hours depending on your audio skills, but will be way cheaper (labour will be one of your biggest expenses on this).

The first MC dealer i would consider if you want it doing is Shockwave @ Preston Marina, they have a great auto-electrician. I'm not sure if this is your local dealer or not but i'd trust them with my boat anyday...

if you go for a home install you need a speaker wiring harness, 2 channel amp, power kit and an RCA (or 2). the harness needs to have a quick release in it so that you can fold the tower and unhook it (depending if you fold it forward or back). the harness can run right down the tower leg and simply be slipt out of a drilled hole up top.

At deck level; if you look at your front left leg hole (internally) there should be a hole there that leads up the tower leg, just thread the wire up there. if this has been skipped simply drill it out (but from the OUTSIDE IN) you tower will have to come off on one side for this. simply unbolt it from the inside if the tower is 04.

for an amp i reccommend a 2 channel amp (kicker kx550.2 is what i've used in the past) wired to a 2 ohm load to run 4 speakers, this keeps wiring down to a minimum and sound quality to the max! Cool

The amp can be mounted in your main locker on the front passenger side, right under your stereo. either bolted to a fake wall (carpet covered MDF) or screwed to the floor.

to wire it up you will need a power feed of the battery and fuse block (all available from from a Marine audio supplier (shameless plug for me Wink) or from a car audio centre (not halfords though cos they are silly expensive!).

Simply get the power hooked up and a ground wire, then plug in your wiring harness, then plug an RCA from your headunit to the amp, and this little blue Remote turn on wire, that way your amp will switch on when your headunit does. and jobs a good 'un!

If you want some free impartial advice i'm always happy to help, just give me a call in the office on 01270 872161 or shoot me an e-mail. mike@wakeboardtowers.co.uk.

Good luck!

Mike
Wakeboard Towers UK

tea boy
Criminal
Criminal

City: Burton on Trent. Staffs. UK.

PostPosted: Dec 04, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike

Fantastic advice, thanks alot, there is nothing wrong with the odd shameless plug, will be in touch as sone as there arrive. Cheers . Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: