Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

props to u skateboarders
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mythodikal
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Beaumont, TX

PostPosted: Jan 15, 2003 11:14 pm    Post subject: props to u skateboarders Reply with quote

If I wasnt afraid of breakin my face I would try to get into your sport ... but I value the skin I have too much ad would rather leave it on me then on the pavement ...... but u guys get after it
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Zach M
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Seattle

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I skated for about 2 years. I sucked. I couldn't progress. I could do shuv-its and got the rotation on kickflips, but couldn't land them. I started doing bmx after that, but once I got a car I stopped. I want to start skating again in my free time.

Skating is one of the hardest things to do out there. I give props also.
fs04laoaksfny
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Southbridge

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i been skating for 3 years and still going at it...maybe a lil slower sence snow and stuff but its all fun...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
[steff]
Criminal
Criminal

City: long island, ny

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i picked up a skateboard over the summer.. it took a while for me to learn to ollie and i pretty much sucked. not like i could try and progress though, my board got stolen about 2 months ago Crying or Very sad

but i agree, it's some tough shiz. water is much more forgiving than cement..
Jester
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Boston

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta say this thread makes me really happy. I think it's cool that all of you recognize the dedication it takes to skate well even though wakeskating's a tough sport too.

Like snowboarders a lotta times will write off skating & say snowboarding's harder or whatever, but there wouldn't even be snowboarding if it wasn't for skateboarding so to show disrespect pisses me off. Thanks for all your good words.
criminally_minded
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: An ocean of vibrant sound

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2003 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, this is just my opinion, but skateboarding is WAY harder than snowboarding. Anyone who says different feels my wrath Twisted Evil

I would explain, but I really can't be bothered. I'm too tired from thinking about the physics involved with flipping a board which is underneith your feet, up into the air, then having it spin 360 degrees on TWO axis, until it lands perfectly on a rail, placed between two 6 inch hangers, and then landing back on the board, and riding it to the end of the rail.

Show me a kickflip McTwist on a snowboard, or a 360 WITH NO GRABBING on a vert pipe, then I will change my mind.

No, actually, I won't.

(By the way, I'm not ripping on snowboarding, I just know skating, REALLY TECHNICAL SKATING, is the hardest of the boardsports)

Jester
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2003 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in agreement that skateboarding is harder. No disrespect intended but let's face it, getting air on a snowboard is a lot easier than doing it on a skateboard 'cuz you don't hafta learn how to ollie; the board is strapped to you. While skating you gotta not only worry about getting the board in the air but keeping it with you as well. Both are difficult in their own respect, but I've done both & it took me a LOT longer to get the hang of skateboarding's basic tricks.
RUSSIAN
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: NOR*CAL

PostPosted: Jan 18, 2003 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't get frustrated with your progression in skating,if you keep at it will come. I've basicaly skated all my life and still get handed a beat down by the pavement. crzy, don't be scared, you should really try it. It's never to late to learn to skate, and the best thing is you don't need a boat, a wave or a mountain, just you and your board, the ultimate freedom.
btw, skating is way harder than snowboarding, nice analogy criminal

K-dub wrote:
DRAGON88, everyone shall now call you Tinkerbu'....
furitive_revolution
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Oshawa

PostPosted: Jan 21, 2003 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i'm with you guys that skateboarding is hard. each trick is so tedious and is so technical but like really i can skate decently, like 360 flips kickflips etc. and wakeskating i believe is even harder...way harder..anyways, i'm out
latez
grady
Addict
Addict

City: d-block

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

couldnt tell ya if skatin was harder than snowboardin cuz i've never been...i luv to skate though...i started bout 3 years ago and still suck but i still just luv the feelin of standin on a board. im glad 2 c everyone realizes skatin is alot more than it seems...we're not just sum outcasts who r tryin 2 hurt ourselves...we do it for the fun and becuz we luv it (same goes for wakeboardin too Wink always keep skatin...even if ur like me and still suck lol
sandm692478

PostPosted: Feb 05, 2003 1:04 pm    Post subject: sk8in Reply with quote

yea i gotta hand it to those pro skaters, man they throw down fo sho. ive been sk8in for about , well almost 4 years now, i can do mosta the tricks they do, the only difference is they do it off roofs and outta 20 foot pipes an s**t. seriously it takes wicked skills and brass balls to do that, one of the toughest sports out there.

~scott~
Ride to Live, Live to Ride.
ghettolake415
Addict
Addict

City: College Location: Orlando / Hometown: Sarasota

PostPosted: Feb 08, 2003 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with criminally minded. skateing is the hardest board sport b/c the board is not attached, then comes wakeboarding b/c ur attached to the board but u have a handle, then comes snowboarding. not hanlde attched to board. u can jusut jjump and start spinning.

I'm putting Salt in every lake in the world!!!!!!!!!! Except mine....

Representing: UCF Wakeboard Team & Lake Price
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Fredrick Eisenhauer
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Australia, W.A

PostPosted: May 08, 2003 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah i think wakeskating would come before wakeboarding bc all it is is sk8ing on water

PostPosted: May 17, 2003 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skateboarding is way too mainstream. apparently, being a skater/punk is cool among young people.
twitch88
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: up the hill, ca

PostPosted: May 18, 2003 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i see what you are saying, like i said in another thread kids just want to be noticed and they feel that skating will do that for them. they ruin it for the rest of us by thrashing stuff so people will notice them.
Zara
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: May 19, 2003 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, nothing can be gained from trashing one another and trying to say that one sport is better than another.
Its impossible to say that one sport is easier than another because although they all revolve around eachother, they demand totally different qualities out of the people who participate in them. For example take a trick as simple as an ollie. Ollie'ing on a skate is way different than ollie'ing on a wakeskate, same deal with a snowboard too. Its a trick that is so important to all 3 sports, but it so different to each of them. For me, the ollie on a skate came first, but thats because I grew up surfing and already had the sense of balance you need to skateboard.
I think the hardest part of any board sport is the understanding of how a trick works before you do it. I had the hardest time learning how to hardflip because I just couldn't understand the motion. Once you understand the way your body makes a trick happen it comes so much easier. Getting there is the difficult part.
anti-shoobies
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Ghettoburg

PostPosted: May 20, 2003 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skateboarding is extremely hard. The boundaries are limitless. Jamie Thomas is god!
el
Criminal
Criminal

City: eugenius

PostPosted: May 29, 2003 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that skateboarding being mainstream or too full of stupid people in your opinion isn't enough to keep you from doing it.
twitch88
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: up the hill, ca

PostPosted: May 29, 2003 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you are talking to me, no i don't pay any attention to the punks who try and ruin it for the rest of us. I skate everyday, and i do it for myself not to gain any attention. I actually try and stay on the downlow as it is damn near impossible to get away with skating here anymore because of the punks who ruined it for all of us. thanks to them skatebaording is a crime here. skating seems like anything but a crime to me but try to tell that to a cop waiting to cite you and throw your board in his cruiser.
whirlybird

PostPosted: May 30, 2003 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with superx75: its a crime in alot of places and there really isn't a reson why. It's something to do just like BMX (but obviously a different sport). I skate all over the place, but anybody who skates street will agree that its a pain in the ass to have to skate for about 5-10 minutes and then either get fined or run.
Jester
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: May 30, 2003 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a crime 'cuz it's basically considered vandalism. The problem is that a lotta businesses have nice ledges that are perfect for skating, but once skaters get to waxin' & grindin' those they turn black & look like crap. For a big business having a nice lookin' locale is important so skaters are considered the enemy in this respect.

Fortunately for me I predominantly flatland skate so I don't need obstacles to do my thing. My suggestion to you is to find a skatepark, there's tons popping up all over the place. If there's not one near you, there's gotta be deserted lots or something that you can go to. Good luck!
ghettolake415
Addict
Addict

City: College Location: Orlando / Hometown: Sarasota

PostPosted: Jun 09, 2003 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Skateboarding means GO SKATEBORDING

I'm putting Salt in every lake in the world!!!!!!!!!! Except mine....

Representing: UCF Wakeboard Team & Lake Price
Rockstar
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jun 18, 2003 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I am basically flat land, but I hear a couple of my friends who used to skate with me who moved away tellin me about how they go skate at stores and stuff and then the cops come. I agree that skate parks are EVERYWHERE now because I live in the middle of nowhere and was sittin with my cheap wal-mart board thinkin about the chances of getting a skatepark when I heard that they built one about 30 minutes away from my house Very Happy !
WakeBabe07
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Cleveland-&-Sandusky

PostPosted: Jun 19, 2003 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude boarding is the shiz just try it and im with ghettolake415,
Quote:

No Skateboarding means GO SKATEBORDING

Its so true!!! lol

Tantrumkid27

City: Commerce, Michigan

PostPosted: Jul 09, 2003 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've been skatin for about a year n' a half and i skate all summer. But i lose interest in it over the winter becuz of the snow. And its hard. my legs and arms are all scabs from skating. But the chicks love that stuff.
Face-Plant
Addict
Addict

City: Riverview

PostPosted: Jul 10, 2003 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fruit booters all the way!!!

Aw sh*t, I'm gonna get ripped open on this one.

"I would rather fail in originality than lead in imitation." -Cordell Kraut
criminally_minded
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: An ocean of vibrant sound

PostPosted: Jul 11, 2003 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Face-Plant wrote:

I'll pretend I didn't hear that.... Twisted Evil

Face-Plant
Addict
Addict

City: Riverview

PostPosted: Jul 11, 2003 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

criminally_minded wrote:
Face-Plant wrote:

I'll pretend I didn't hear that.... Twisted Evil

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

"I would rather fail in originality than lead in imitation." -Cordell Kraut
ramen

PostPosted: Jul 21, 2003 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive been skating for 2 years and i couldnt do anyhting but ollie my first but now i can do everything but frontside flips, i just kept going
B_Funk
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: So-Cal

PostPosted: Jul 22, 2003 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have more respect for skateboarders, than the President. I used to work for a skate shoe company and spent alot of time at demos. Those dudes would get dealt with five times a day, get back up, wipe the blood off, and do it agin.

Mad Props to them.

As much as I love wakeboarding......dude, we're a bunch of pussies.

mdshoes2
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: FLORIDA

PostPosted: Jul 23, 2003 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to fruitboot for like 3 years , but got bored after i moved.
RUSSIAN
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: NOR*CAL

PostPosted: Aug 01, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B_Funk wrote:
I have more respect for skateboarders, than the President. I used to work for a skate shoe company and spent alot of time at demos. Those dudes would get dealt with five times a day, get back up, wipe the blood off, and do it agin.

Mad Props to them.

As much as I love wakeboarding......dude, we're a bunch of pussies.

Very well said Cool

K-dub wrote:
DRAGON88, everyone shall now call you Tinkerbu'....
cwb4lyfe

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2003 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man, this place rocks. i live for this. My kinda people. ive been skatin for almost 5 years. ive broken bones and got knocked out. ive gotten scraps and bruises. but its so fun. honestly the best feeling in the universe is slidding a rail and coming off knowing you are gonna land it and that everybody around is gonna be in awe because u rock. i love the feeling. ive taken my fair share of tumbles skateboarding, however ive been wakeboarding for 3 years and have landed on my face numerous times, it doesnt hurt nearly as much. however ive only been snowboarding for 2 years and watching those videos of pros goin 80, 90, 100 ft. off tables!!!!!!!! Shocked omg. its nuts. i mean its NUTS. IMO if your a pro at anything there's risks, but if you can suck up your balls and try goin that huge, then more power to you. mad props round the board. i say do what you love and have passion for it. peace ya'll, holla back.

DAvid
s-s213
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Nanaimo

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2003 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

coming off knowing you are gonna land it and that everybody around is gonna be in awe because u rock

That's always great lol. I just hate the first practice tries before that happens.
infamous

City: sacrAmento

PostPosted: Sep 28, 2003 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Sorry, this is just my opinion, but skateboarding is WAY harder than snowboarding. Anyone who says different feels my wrath

i agree... i snow and skate... its soo much different... 1 of the main differences is its not attachted to ur feet... the only simularity is that there both boards... and u need balence lol

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Skateboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: