Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

a frame going up at tsr
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Cable Parks and Slider Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
derrick lenz
Addict
Addict

City: san antonio/ college station

PostPosted: Mar 18, 2003 8:00 am    Post subject: a frame going up at tsr Reply with quote

i'm guessing in about a month an a frame should be out at tsr. 30ft up, 20ft across and 30ft down. will be around 5-6 feet off the water in the middle. i'll try to post some pics when it goes up.
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Mar 18, 2003 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats awsome derrick, definitly get some pics, i cant wait to get out at TSR, i have heard its awsome, im going up there in july for the cable tour
Slaytwebeling
Addict
Addict

City: Houston

PostPosted: Mar 23, 2003 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea i want to go there but like i've never riden cable so i dont want to look like a complete fool out there.
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Mar 23, 2003 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slaytwebeling, you shouldnt worry about looking like a fool, if you ride behind boat, then you will get the hang of it pretty quickly, its all for fun, you shouldnt care so much about what others will think of you, everyone learns it at first, we all go through learning it, so people wont care if your good or not, they will know your learning it
derrick lenz
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Mar 25, 2003 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

salty there's plenty of first timers out there all the time. if you can get up behind a boat you'll get up fine on the cable. it isn't hard.
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

City: Austin, TX

PostPosted: Mar 26, 2003 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derrick, do you go to TSR a lot/work there or something? I'm just wondering since I'm a common rider out there.

I heard about the A Frame, but didn't realize they were going to put it in the cable lake, any clue on when this 80 foot slider is suppose to be out there? Not quite ready to hit any of these things yet, as I'm still working on the white kicker.

www.texasskiranch.com

PS - This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q & R were eliminated.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
derrick lenz
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Mar 26, 2003 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

docksecret- yeah i work out there. i'm a cableoperator but you won't really see me much untill school gets out. come may 7th i'll be up there probably 6-7 days a week working. from what i've been told the 80ft a frame is supposed to be where the old big red ski jump used to be (to the left of the white kicker). when did you start coming out to tsr? i started working there before it opened up so i've probably met you before if you were coming during the summer. if not feel free to come up and introduce your self.
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Mar 26, 2003 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started coming out in late November last year, what great weather to get into the sport right?

I guess we haven't met, but you should be able to recognize me pretty easily, for the times I've been there I'm like the only Asian one out there. See ya there sometime then Smile.

www.texasskiranch.com

PS - This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q & R were eliminated.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
derrick lenz
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Mar 26, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude i met you over spring break i think. you ride a horrell cassettee and have a capix helmet right?

correction on the a frame- when it goes up it will probably be in the boat lake.
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Mar 26, 2003 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that was me Cool

What days during spring break were you out there, and were you riding or working?

Also, what's going to replace that huge gap now where the ramp used to be Question

www.texasskiranch.com

x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Mar 26, 2003 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

derrick, do you have any pics of the sliders, and kickers you have on the cable lake there? pics that arnt on the TSR website?
derrick lenz
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Mar 26, 2003 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was working when i met you. i got a big dirty blonde fro. i was either handing ropes or running the cable. i think i was also riding when you were there one time. i have an origin skull that i spray painted white and black and scraped off some of the paint here and there. i was working that wednesday through sunday(march 12th-16th). they're just going to resurface the big red jump and put that back out there.

x2xwakegirlx2x- no pics of the sliders. i'll see if i can get some on my comp but basically we have a half rainbow (only like 25ft) a kicker with nice transition and the two jumps (kicker without transition and a ski jump). i really want to get some more challenging sliders out there. to many jumps not enough sliders.
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Mar 27, 2003 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you go by Derrick right? Maybe we just didn't exchange names Rolling Eyes

Yeah, it really does need more sliders out there, maybe even a transfer. Then again at this point it doesn't matter to me, everytime I go off the white kicker I keep on kicking the skate away from me. I won't get to practice for a long while either, your spring break wasn't mine, I just skipped a # of college classes for all that riding Twisted Evil, and it's taking a toll on me w/ a test today and one next wednesday. So yeah, no riding for a couple of weeks Crazy Eyes .

www.texasskiranch.com

Public-Enemy
Criminal
Criminal

City: South florida

PostPosted: Mar 27, 2003 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so the A frame will be left foot foward? Also, is it going to be a floating frame or a built into the ground frame?
derrick lenz
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Mar 27, 2003 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it's most likely going into the boat lake so you'll be able to hit it from both ways. it will be a staionary slider also. pretty much it's being sponsored by origin or synthetic clothing(don't remember which one). so it's up to them when they want to build it. so it might take awhile before it gets out there.
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Mar 27, 2003 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if it goes in the boat lake, they need to get another slider out in the cable lake also Razz

www.texasskiranch.com

DockSecret
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Mar 27, 2003 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since were on the subject of TSR Glasses, what are the new cable park operating hours? I loved it when they opened at 12 on weekdays, it be even better if they opened at 10. So yeah, two questions Smile.

1) What are the current operating hours
2) When will the summer hours come into play, and how early can I show up Mr. Green

www.texasskiranch.com

derrick lenz
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Mar 27, 2003 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

current hours:
mon-fri-2pm to dark
sat- 10am to dark
sun- noon to dark

don't know when the hours will change but i do know that we're supposed to get lights out on the cable lake so it'll be open till 10pm and midnight some nights. once the summer hours get rolling we'll be open by like 10 am every day if i remember right. maybe it was 9am. can't really remember. also just to throw it in remember that tuesday night is college night. after 5pm its half off with a college i.d. wednessday is girls day (girls half off) and thursday is members day.(half of your members prices). don't hold me to those specifics but that's how it was last summer. and i agree that we need another slider or two out there.
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Mar 28, 2003 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could I buy a goldpass on member's day Wink I seriously need to upgrade. In one week I spent 80 dollars on passes, soooo much riding time, money well spent though Very Happy.

www.texasskiranch.com

derrick lenz
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Mar 28, 2003 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not sure if you know but you can buy a gold pass in monthly instalments of like 99 bucks a month or something like that. might want to check into that.
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Mar 29, 2003 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, it's something like 199 dollars down payment then 99 dollars every month after that. I'm just wondering since I already paid for a regular membership how much it will run.

www.texasskiranch.com

Public-Enemy
Criminal
Criminal

City: South florida

PostPosted: Mar 30, 2003 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is the boat lake run there? Can you just go there and pay for a pull?
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Mar 30, 2003 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides for camp purposes, I believe so. I'll have to ask someone, Derrick would probably know though. I'm stoked on the lights being put out there, riding from 10-10 or even midnight.

Also, when's the motocross track going to be finished? I'm going to have to get those mini-bikes, those Honda 50's or something Wink.

www.texasskiranch.com

derrick lenz
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Mar 30, 2003 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well prices as of right now haven't been set yet but from my understanding you'll be able to purchase time behind the boat for sets. i do know that camp will be using it monday-thursday maybe friday so my guess is that it will only be open for sessions towards the evening and night and on the weekends.

as far as the motorcross track goes it should be put in after the lights around the lakes and the little scuba diving area is finished.
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 01, 2003 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want TSR to be my home right now =P In fact...they do have those cabins back there....

www.texasskiranch.com

DockSecret
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 08, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w00t, just recently "went golden" at TSR, and just waiting for my wakeboard to come in the mail. I'm pretty much set as a cable person. Just waiting for those lights, but the word on this A-Frame is making me agitated Evil or Very Mad

www.texasskiranch.com

N.B.W.M.

City: South Texas

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2003 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

derrick lenz,

go Bubb Rubb your self. TSR has turned into wally world and you are just a greeter!!!!!!!!! Don't lie you are probably that queer that has really big hair and the over sized pecks.

derrick lenz
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2003 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

N.B.W.M.-

right back at ya you Bubb Rubb clown. it's funny that a child molester like you can even talk stuff(yeah you know what i'm talking about).
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2003 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhhh...maybe this debate should be put else where, unless it's all fun and games.

www.texasskiranch.com

derrick lenz
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2003 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's all fun and games. we go way back.
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2003 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool =P even though child molestation isn't

www.texasskiranch.com

derrick lenz
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2003 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's an inside joke.
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2003 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

figured so =P

www.texasskiranch.com

derrick lenz
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2003 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what does =P mean?
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2003 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a smily, so to speak I guess, the = are the eyes and the P is the tongue. They don't really have a smily on this board w/ the tongue really sticking out.

www.texasskiranch.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Cable Parks and Slider Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: