Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Couple questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pooser
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Couple questions Reply with quote

Okay i just have a few questions and would appreciate if someone could answer them. first off my trucks are too loose but i have them tightened down to the point where the bushings are all messed up. Should i get stiffer bushings and if so how do i replace them and what brand do you reccomend? Next questions how do you recomend cleaning your bearings and how often should i do it? also would bearing rims help keep my bearings cleaner? And finnaly are the any rules for the game of skate? i was just playing with this punk kid who was making up all sorts of bs rules. i wasnt playing for money so i didnt really care but was just curious if there were any common rules or guidlines.
wakeboarder_dude22
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Australia

PostPosted: Sep 18, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats the game of skate Question
twitch88
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: up the hill, ca

PostPosted: Sep 18, 2004 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to peplace the bushings you just take the nut off the kingpin and pull all the goodies off retainer, bushing, hanger, bushing, retainer. Also there is a pivot cup that the little thing that comes off the hanger sits in they get worn and you can buy replacements. As for brands I have only done this once and I bought doh dohs.

Cleaning bearings? Absolutely, when I used to skate quickies I didn't because it was a pain in the ass to get them apart without losing the c clip and they were so cheap anyway i didn't care. But after I bought my swiss bones I started to clean them and after a good cleaning there is a hell of a difference they are so much smoother it is def. worth the effort. I used to clean them in simple green and relube them with bearing cream if available or 3 in one if not. I never used wd40 I absolutely hate the stuff and will not use it.

When I used to play skate it was like this: First person goes and does a trick, second person has to match the trick or they get a letter. If they land the trick they get to choose the next one if not the other person gets to go again. Thats it no more rules than that. Exactly like horse for basketball.

pooser
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Sep 18, 2004 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twitch88, i got the basics but i was wondering if our playing with someone and they say ollie down stairs and you cant do it and then can they kickflip down the stairs and keep doing more challenging variations until you get skate because you cant even ollie down the stairs. or say do a kickflip you cant land it and then go on doing fs flips varial flips etc. obviously unless your betting on the game it doesnt really matter whether you win or lose if you just pull cheap shi+.
Fredrick Eisenhauer
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Australia, W.A

PostPosted: Sep 18, 2004 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When I used to play skate it was like this: First person goes and does a trick, second person has to match the trick or they get a letter. If they land the trick they get to choose the next one if not the other person gets to go again. Thats it no more rules than that. Exactly like horse for basketball

THats how I play it, except when I play it the person keeps on setting tricks until he stuffs up. There are heaps of different rules and variations of it. The best way is to make the rules before the game so that way no one can interfere.

Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Boston

PostPosted: Sep 18, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my opinion is you shouldn't get involved in a game of skate with someone unless you're reasonably good. If it's just you & your buddies screwing around that's another story, but if you're legitimately gonna challenge someone then you probably wanna have a decent skill base.

Supposing someone can't kickflip, you can't bar all kickflip variations from there, that leaves you a heelflip variation, a popshuvit, & an impossible. Maybe a fingerflip, but a lotta guys these days ban freestyle moves 'cuz it's such an esoteric style of skating.
Fredrick Eisenhauer
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Sep 19, 2004 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jester, yeah I know that all to well. Rolling Eyes
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Sep 19, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know if they make gloves for skateboarding? i busted my hand pretty bad this summer and whenever i fall on it it hurts pretty bad. i dont want wrist guards or anything just some good gloves with lots of padding int the palm area. i fell on it the other day and it busted open and am hoping to find a rock in there and hopefully fix the problem. aldo what do you guys recoomend for wax. is skate wac better or will a big block of candle wax work the same.
Fredrick Eisenhauer
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Sep 21, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Candle wax is just as good as skate wax in my opinion. I've never seen gloves made for skating, my mate uses a knee brace sorta thing when he skates. Its like made of fabric and stuff. Not sure there name.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Skateboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: