Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

How to shoot a wakeboarding video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Aug 17, 2004 5:49 am    Post subject: How to shoot a wakeboarding video Reply with quote

Here is an article by Jocko of WAKEtv on How To Shoot Wakeboarding Video:

http://www.wakeboarder.com/display.phtml?a=808

In that article it says you should keep the same zoom all the way through the movie. I don't know if I really agree with that. I like to vary my zooms to keep it interesting. Sometimes you get a really close shot of a trick, sometimes you get a wide shot of the whole thing. I might lose a few tricks because I couldn't keep it steady but the shots that you do get are usually really fun to watch.

What do you film guys think?
Ols School

City: Calgary Canada

PostPosted: Aug 19, 2004 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say keep the zoom the same through the shot or trick. I find it hard to zoom accurately with a moving boat and a moving rider I have a tendency to zoom too fast or too far.

I thought that the article gave some excelent tips. I'd like to see some higher level courses in getting shots from tubes and other boats and especially lighting - I hate editing shots with bad lighting!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: