Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Is this a good camera?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
X-30
Criminal
Criminal

City: Pleasanton

PostPosted: Aug 06, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Is this a good camera? Reply with quote

Hey i don't know too much about cameras but im gettn this camera fer free so i jus wanted to know if it was ok. I'm not into photography but i wanted a camera to take some pictures of wakeboarding and dirtbikin. It's the Sony Cyber-Shot Pro DSC-F717.
WakeBoardingManiac
Addict
Addict

City: Montréal

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

youre getting that for free... DO you know this camera sells for a good 400-500$ USED? This can give you an idea of how good it is... Well, anything is good for free... Byt anyhow, I think my SRT-101 and Canon AE-1 that I got for free are better, but that is only to my eye Wink
flukdfilms
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: guaranteed north of you.

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a very nice camera, but im still a firm believer in the SLR cam's. such as this Canon EOS-10D. it's a digital SLR, the best of both worlds.

all generalizations are false.
Mister C
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Burbank, SO-CAL

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that your getting it for free is awesome. I'm sure you'll find it will be adequate for your needs, especially since you arent a photographer so you wouldnt need to go out and bust your wallet on something that you probably dont need.
BIGMAC
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Russellville,AR

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is an excellent camera!! Check out DPREVIEW.com. I have one just like it. SLR's aren't for everyone.
BIGMAC
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Russellville,AR

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say excellent but for for sports you really have to time your shots as with most digital cameras. The camera is capable though. Here are a few shots from when i first got this camera.
chaz28o
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: East Contra Costa County

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2004 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photos bigmac (except the snake one) I hate snakes!!! It would have been better to get a photo of the snake when a load of 4's from a 3" magnum 12 Ga hit it square.... Laughing
ssrgeoff
Addict
Addict

City: So Cal

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2004 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the older model DSC-F707 and its great for scenery pictures and it will record video for as long as you want or the memory card will allow. Only thing I do not like is its size. FYI I bought mine new for $999.00 so your getting a hell of a deal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: