Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

calling all 35mm users

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TubeNazi
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: calling all 35mm users Reply with quote

I know that temperature affects the film and when I take my film out on the boat it can get very hot sometimes. I try and keep it as cool as possible by keeping it in the case, wrapping it up in a towel and keeping it under the bimini top; but, sometimes it can get too hot and the developed pictures don't come out as good, some are way too washed out. What can I do to keep my film cooler?
Nephilim
Addict
Addict

City: Ephrata, WA

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carry all your equipment in a small insulated cooler. not only will it keep the film from getting hot it will keep your equipment in something that does not say "steal me" like a camera bag does.
aceyx
Addict
Addict

City: dirty

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

watch that the camera body doesn't get too warm as well, especially the back. the polycarb bodies heat up pretty quickly, so keep it under a vest (works better than a towel) when it's not in your hand.

if you're still having a problem and only going to printyou can also overexpose a bit. you run the risk of blowing out your shadows a bit but at least it won't look like your pictures are from the 70s. if you're scanning, you can always pshop it.
DBudman
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Grosse Pointe Farms, MI

PostPosted: Jul 27, 2004 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good idea Nephilim, I never thought of that. I've always been afraid of letting my Camera Bag out of site in public places....the ole igloo trick....ah hah!

What about in the insulated cooler such as Nephilim said with one of those little blue freeze thingys. Ya know that you put in coolers to keep sandwiches cool.

Obviously budget can be of issue, was for me till I saved up. But I had a Canon Elan7 and bought a Canon D60 Digital. I can interchange the lenses between the 35mm SLR and the Digital Body. .....and I can click away and delete unwanted later. Depending on your 35mm make and model...maybe there's a digital offered to where you could do the same.

TubeNazi
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jul 27, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice. That's what I was thinking to do, cooler with a "little blue freeze thingy." I'm waiting to save up for the Canon D60; really can't wait but money is an issue. I have had some film developed where it looks like the 70s but recently I've been doing good with my film; I do worry all the time about it when we're out in the sun for 8+ hrs.

I usually never have to worry about my camera bag. I'm never in too public of a place, but i'm sure I will be sooner or later.
DBudman
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 28, 2004 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with your future purchase. HEy....have you seen those new Canon Rebel's? They came out I think last year. Nicely priced compared to other SLR type digitals. The worries might be is the mount and if it would be able to hold the heaviness of the larger professional style lenses.

Have fun and Good Luck!

Josh R
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Melbourne, Australia

PostPosted: Jul 28, 2004 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rebel has the same sort of metal mount as all of Canons other professional/prosumer SLR's, so it shouldn't be a problem. If you have enough cash for any lens that could give that mount trouble, you prolly wouldn't be using a little Rebel.
DBudman
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 28, 2004 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There you have.....sounds like the Rebels do have metal mounts.
TubeNazi
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jul 28, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually do have a Canon Rebel G. I really like it and it does hold my larger 100-300mm lens. I'm no pro but it definetly takes quality pictures. The only downside to it for my own purposes is that it doesn't have the fast shutter speed for the wakeboarding pics which show the tricks (I can't remember what they're called Confused ) you know what i'm talking about though.
DBudman
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 30, 2004 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.....you could do two things. you could get a new body with a faster shutter....or you could get a lens that has a f2.8 such as the 70-200. Big lens that allows a lot of light in it meaning you wouldn't need as fast a shutter. They are expensive however. But I've seen some great buys on ebay especially for a sigma brand lense for the Canon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: