Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Digital Camcorders

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Mutt
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: San Francisco

PostPosted: Jul 21, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Digital Camcorders Reply with quote

Interested in people's opinions of digital camcorder for taking video of our runs. Looking at the new MicroMV Sony hand-helds like the DCR-IP1, as well as MiniDV cameras like the Sony DCR-PC109 and Cannon Optima 20/30. Anyone have opinions on what they use, size, weight, clarity, etc?

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger
DBudman
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Grosse Pointe Farms, MI

PostPosted: Jul 27, 2004 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Canon Elura and I just love. I've had it for three years now. Would get the same if shopping today. Great quality. Nice size. I think mine is the Elura 40mc and now they have the Canon Elura 50 I believe? They have two...one with the mc and one without. The mc version also has a media card in it for photos too. Never really used it. Not the greatest for photos but handy in the even you need it. Optical Zooms are better now. I think I saw just yesterday at Best Buy a Canon that had an optical zoom at 18x. Much greater than the Sony. I've always been a sony audio fan but a Canon camera fan.....so It would be a toss up between brands. I do know the Sony has the Carl Zeisse lens which is supposed to be great. Here I am rambling...but when I get a new one....I'm going to look for greatest optical zoom, biggest flip out color screen, and compact size.

Probably didn't help you much. But good luck.........

Jensen
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Chico

PostPosted: Aug 01, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a jvc minidv and it works awesome. Transfers to pc easy with firewire. don't get small ones. really. They are compact, but they are hard to hold good in your hand. I like something medium size so i have something to hold onto
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: