Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Venting Session

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maestro
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: Markham

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 8:17 pm    Post subject: Venting Session Reply with quote

Ok, some of you know I'm pretty damn busy this week with school and hockey and other things. I should be doing a really big project that's due 2moro, but I got sick of it and started to write in this "journal" (i suppose that's the word for it) thing. It's just something I keep my thoughts in and write about things I'm feeling.

So today I've been watching videos from summer of riding and other good times I had with friends. This, along with the right music, always gets me in a "remembering" mood. So I wrote a lot down in my book thingy, mostly just trying to capture the feelings I had those "special nights"... I really hate doing this because it brings these emotions out that can't be explained, and can't be fully brought back until I'm with those people again in the same type of situation.

Then I snap back to reality and there's this load of pressure on me to get my work done and do well in school and everything. But this just pisses me off... Why are we alive? To be constantly stressed out for 10 months of the year?? To work our asses off for the future? The way the world is really annoys me. Everyone's in such a rush all the time and everything is way too important when it's really not. Like, all my classmates are freaking out about applying to universities before the deadline and stuff. All we do is look way ahead to the future. "What do I do if I don't get into university? I'm gonna be a bum! That can't happen to me!"

I think back to summer. No worries at all. Such good times. Like, words don't begin to describe what you feel during summertime. That's what life should be about... Just living man! Like, worry about the moment, not 5 years down the road!

I know people are gonna say the obvious - You need to set yourself up for your life now then you can have fun. And I know a lot of people think that you have fun now you waste away the rest of your life. I know all about both sides of the argument. I just REALLY don't like the way the world works... Why bother working your ass off... there's nothing enjoyable about that at all. What's the point of living if you're miserable?

Sure, you've got weekends. But compare weekends to summer/the end of the school year. Weekends you can have fun, but you always have that project or assignment looming over you. Summer - You can have fun and not worry about anything. I hang out with friends at night on the weekends and I have to do something crazy to make it worth the time. In summer at night I LOVE to just sit under the stars and think or chill with friends. You don't have to say anything, but the time is so much more memorable than any weekend can be. Again, the time factor. Time during the 10 crap months of the year is so important that every minute has to count for something. I absolutely hate that.

I know I'm dreaming. Obviously the laid back style of life won't be happening anytime soon, but I just had to get this off my chest somewhere. Sorry for the super long post. I doubt most of you will read it all, but that's ok. I have a lot more to say, it's just hard to organize it and you're already bored enough... so I'll shutup...
JHrod
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u got it meastro-----i like to think "Live for Now"...but of course i have no bills----why is everything in this world have to be stressful???
Mythodikal
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Beaumont, TX

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dang buddy u wrote a novel there ... vented on alot though
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
K-dub
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoa, dude! Thats heavy....... Laughing
Bro, your stressing too much. Take a deep breath and take it as it comes...
JHrod
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is a novel with a good message which is worth the time to read---as it says don't be in a hurry...just take ur time read it and absorb what he says
Lindsay
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: NYC

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wait until its 12 months of the year stressing, rather than only 10 Shocked

You make some really good points. Everyone has responsibilities, but you also have a responsibility to yourself...your soul...to do things that make you happy and keep you sane. Wakeboard....travel...read books...hang out with friends...volunteer...teach...party...whatever. You just have to find the right balance.
Maestro

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, thanks for the support Josh!

Kyle - I'm not stressing bro... I'm such a laid back person, but once I start thinking about summer I can't stop and gotta let the feelings out somehow. It seems like everything good happens in the summer. That's when I meet all my good friends, hot chicks that I can actually get to know well, get to ride on glass and just totally chill.... Then there's the school year where I'm laid back but can't enjoy life fully because of all the sh*t I'm expected to do...
Jello John
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet you can't wait till after college and you have to work the full year, not just 10 months.
Maestro

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading a post in the general discussion made me think of this factor as well. I can only hang out by the water for the summer months. It's kinda hard to chill by the water under the stars in winter. I think if I was in Florida or Cali I wouldn't hold such a negative outlook...
Jello John
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's easy to 'chill' in Winter.
K-dub
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maestro:
I was just messing with ya! You just wrote alot of post up there.....had to bust your balls!
Maestro

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all good... it's not really that long!
K-dub
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
christy
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Raleigh, NC

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maestro..... are you pregnant?? haha- just messing with ya.

seriously, Lindsay is right, it's all about balance. You will always have stress in your life, but you have to make a point to relieve it. Writing is a good way to do that, too. Hope you have a better day tomorrow. Cool
Dragonlady8

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maestro ~ There's nothing wrong with dreaming. You're a smart kid . Just don't let all your freaking classmates/friends get to you.
You know what you need to do, so take your time doing it.
So what if it's cold out, ( also long as there's no bizzard or terrible weather)
if you can just start a bonfire. Sometimes you just have to say "F*** it"
and live for the moment. Mr. Green
RUSSIAN
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: NOR*CAL

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could always just flunk a couple of times and avoid the inevitable. seriuosly though, I fully understand what your talking about, I love summer and some of the best times of my life have been during the summer. keep your head up bro Mr. Green
ohsix

PostPosted: Jan 15, 2003 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by ohsix on Jul 18, 2012 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
King of the Tigers
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Mesa, Az

PostPosted: Jan 15, 2003 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Word up Maestro! Life can really suck sometimes and I remember being moe frustrated during high school than any other time. I'm sure you've heard this tons but enjoy the ride you're on in life for what it is, not what it will be. I've made myself pretty much enjoy everyday just because I'm so glad to be alive and because I usually am laughing for most of the day. Honestly, it's corny, but just try to make someone new smile every day and I guarantee you your life will be better. Also your frustration shows that your a smart and thinking person so do something that will have impact.
K-dub
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jan 15, 2003 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maestro:
the good times in your life only get better as you get older. I would'nt want to be your age again even if you paid me!
Seth Martin

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Jan 15, 2003 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 Quit whining - If you don't offer a solution to the problem, then its whining.

#2 You are in school - its not that bad yet. Believe me, it gets worse.

Take up hockey, don't all Canadians like hockey?

Maestro

PostPosted: Jan 15, 2003 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not like super depressed or anything. I don't have major problems.. I'm not suicidal. I just had that on my mind last night and I posted it. I do play hockey, I play basketball, I do lots of stuff... but I just wish I could be a lazy ass and lounge around the lake all year! haha... Seriously though, I'm fine with my situation, I just think people focus too much on stuff that isn't really that important in life.

As far as taking all the "Hot seniors" to the lake, that will never happen. My school is full of losers and nerds. That's why they're all freaking out about university. There's so much competition and I'm sick of it. Some chick has an 89 average and she's complaining because it's not in the 90s. I think if I was in a better school I would be a lot happier, just because of the environment it is.

I'm not really worried about university. I'll be taking subjects that I like, and I'll be living on my own. My school has like 400 people in it so there are very limited choices when it comes to courses, and they're all advanced learning or whatever you call them.

Anyways, I really wasn't looking for advice. I guess I just wanted to get it off my chest somewhere, and this seemed like the appropriate place to whine... Wink Oh, and for a solution to the problem, everyone needs to chill and take a look at their lives and realize what's important and HAVE SOME FREAKIN' FUN!

Last edited by Maestro on Jan 15, 2003 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
K-dub
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jan 15, 2003 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL.....whiner!!!! Laughing
*chris*
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jan 15, 2003 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maestro - i know how u feel man, ive been struggling alot lately with what life is about....this semester of college is gonna suck

ive basically come to the conclusion that u have to live 4 now. society sucks, all these bullstuff norms u have to conform to...that just pisses me off. u know who implements this "look to the future" crap....power hungry people who just wanna control your thoughts, so they can capitalize on it. thats all this crap is, busy-work to control the masses. this isnt life...sitting behind a desk or reading a book to study for a test. just this crap they throw at u to make u ignore your true aspirations....so they can get more $$$$$. so all u have to do is find a way to deal with the situation so u can deal with this crap....i still havent found a way. ull always here it, u gotta go to college so u can get a good job and be secure and have some money.....they dont mention how much u have to study or work to get all that stuff. u dont need all this stuff, security...hah...y cant u take it with u when u die?? if its yours, and u worked to ensure its security, y cant u take it with.....they never mention this do they? basically the philosophy ive come up with is to just get what u want by doing some work, not talking about 40 hours a week behind some desk, on a line, or in an office....but just some work thatll get u what u want so u can take that time-off between working and go out and live. now for those of us that cant wakeboard 12 months out of the year, i suggest finding something to pass the time...i fall back on video games, only thing to help keep whats left of my sanity. so just try to figure out what it is exactly that u want out of life, and try to achieve that. and i dont care if someone reads this and thinks....ohh there just complaining cause __________(insert anything). perhaps some people dont have as easy a life as u pretend to have, or things dont quite go the way they should. and i really dont care if i come across as ______(insert adjective)...its just that some people cant really grasp this false life thats projected in front of us. so maestro, just figure out what u want, and go for it. at the end of your life, everything u do will be for u....and not someones pocket book. good luck man

Aubs
Motorboat Queen
Motorboat Queen

PostPosted: Jan 15, 2003 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maestro ~ i kno exactly what you're saying. its like for some reason, all of this stuff just smacked u in the face. reality bites dude. school does suck alot, and i always think of the summer which kinda makes me feel better. on all of my book covers, i have pics from wakeboarding mag to keep me occupied and a ton of pictures in my locker of all of my friends, and memories from the summer, and a select few from good winter times. but don't let it get to you now, just keep thinkin that summer will come soon, and the snow will go away and then you'll be back out riding.
jason_ssr
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Dallas, Tx

PostPosted: Jan 15, 2003 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel ya bro. Nothing will ever be as care free as HS summers until your too old to appreciate it. Your perfect day now comes with a pricetag. Honestly, it depends on what you really want out of life. What drives you? Whatever it is, you have to determine what it takes to live that way. What can you live with? What can you live without? What does it take for you to make the money to do this? I am much like you, very laid back. My perfect day is chillin' on the water with friends. So I do what it takes to do what I love. That means affording a boat, truck, gas, ins, and apartment. I dont take extravagant trips (which would be cool), I dont wear expensive clothes (which would be nice), I dont have any creditcards (which I could be really dangerous with). However I live well, and do what I like, and rarely work over 40hrs a week.

I could work more, in more risky invironments and make much more money, but it isnt worth my free time.

There is a trade off of freedom as well. Some say the freedom is worth the struggle. I agree, but sometimes have my doubts...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: