Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Why is captured video so dark?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patti9600

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Why is captured video so dark? Reply with quote

Question I bought a Dell 8300 in October. It came with a 128MB DDR ATI Radeon 9800 graphics card. It did not come with a firewire card. I have tried installing a few different firewire cards that work with other computers and the video is capturing very dark. Is there a setting that can adjust the lighting? Is it the ATI card or the firewire card? Thanks for your help.
Zach M
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Seattle

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you might check the settings on your camera. It may be a problem within the camera and not within your computer.
Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Jul 02, 2004 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, the firewire card just recieves digital information. It's probably not that.

I do notice that things are brighter on my LCD than they are when I import them onto my computer. Now I just know and anticipate it. If it's too dark you can lighten it with software. You can also change the contrast. Mine only gets slightly darker though. If it's doing more I would check the camera.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: